/dist/images/branding/favicon

Radio Tx/Rx for MR

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Chris Fox, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Can't believe this is the first post in this area ;)

Anyway, I have notification that my MR is only a few weeks away, and am after advice. I am upgrading from the 2-axis gimbal to the MR, and hence moving to a two person set up. I am currently using a Graupner MC-20 for the main radio, and have a second MC-20 and MX-16. I was planning on using the MX-16 and a GR12 or GR16 with the MōVI MR.

Is anyone happily using Graupner radios with the MōVI MR or M10? Do they play nicely together?

Thanks
    Chris

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

As I understand it, Chris, your choices are either Futaba S.bus (I'm not sure about S.bus2), or Spektrum. The M10 MR kit can be supplied with a Spektrum DX7s and satellite receiver for gimbal control, but I do not think there is way to get additional channels out for camera control.

I'm in the process of working to solve this same challenge right now so I'll continue to post to this thread with what I discover.

I currently going with a Futaba 8FG Super, with an R6208SB which is what I'm currently using on a 3-Axis/Radian gimbal with additional PWM channels available (directly from the Rx) to drive the likes of a Stratosnapper 2, MK LANC controller, etc.

I've got a question in to Tabb via email about the specifics right now.

Andy.

3. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Thanks Andy, I will wait and see what develops then. I was hoping to get away with only needing to learn one radio system, hence the multiple Graupner transmitters ...

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Chris Graupner will not work. As Andy said any S.Bus or Spektrum will work. I would lean towards Futaba. When the Synapse gets released it will also only be S.Bus and Futaba.

5. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Thanks Gary, Futaba it is then .... Have you been able to configure a remote shutter for your D800 on the MōVI MR using the Futaba setup in addition to the standard pan,tilt,roll controls?

Futaba 8FG on its way, at least its cheaper than the Graupner radios.

6. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Not yet just got mine. Switching everything including the MK FC to Futaba.

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I've been using the Futaba for the camera and Radian 3-Axis control. I have a draft Rather Good Guide® written for setting up the 8FG for that configuration (more to remind me what I did). It doesn't address the MōVI but the principles are all the same. You can find it as the last link on http://rathergoodguides.com/documentguides.html -- and yeah, Dreamweaver's messing with me regarding the placement of the final copyright notice...need time to fix that.

Andy.

8. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

You mean the page with the 8FG link that doesn't work :)

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Yeah. That one. :(

Dreamweaver scores 1. Me nil.

Let me check and see what the matter is.

Andy.

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

The link should work now. Sorry about that. Kinda ironic that the easiest thing to do is ignore Dreamweaver and edit the raw HTML rather than wrestle with Dreamweaver.....

Andy.

11. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Ahh the benefits of being in a different time zone, you fixed the linking problem before i even new the problem existed ;)

Thanks Andy and Gary!

12. Steven Flynn

Steven Flynn Member

Hey guys, just got my Movi MR today, and I'm stunned to find out I need another radio. I invested in Graupner 8 months ago, and just got a high end radio for my flight control, (taking one of my other radios for the movi... or so I thought). Looks like I went the wrong way on this, just wanted to confirm that I need to switch... and you'd recommend the Futaba? Is there a reason? Just for the record, I didn't get bad advice from this site, just the company where I bought my other gear. What a bummer to wait all this time, get jazzed to fly the Movi and find out I have to wait and go out and spec more gear. ugh...

13. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Futaba 8fg is pretty popular.