/dist/images/branding/favicon

Radians and the lan cable from mk

Discussion in 'Radian' started by kjetil tønnesen, Aug 4, 2013.

1. kjetil tønnesen

hello everyone:)

i have the 3 axis cs gimble and radian´s and want to use a mx 20 and 16 reciver to have controll over the gimble(second cameramann)

but i also want to use the lan cable for my sony 730 camcorder to controll zoom
    is it possible to use lan cable with the radians and not the second fligthcontroller??

any can you show me the who to setup?
    thanks

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I have essentially the same setup, Kjetil.

If you use something an LANC control (see below), then you assign one or two RC channels on your MX-20. These channels are then used to control such things as Record On/Off, Take Digital Still, Zoom In/Out, and, for one of the triggers (see below), Focus.

I've not seen any trigger/control that can handle iris -- I think that might be a limitation of the LANC protocol.

As to which LANC control, you have a choice of three (maybe more, but these are the ones I know about):

1. The new Gentles, Gentwire-LANC, -lancPRO, -lancPLUS: http://www.gentles.ltd.uk/gentwire/lanc.htm
    2. The new StratoSnapper2 : http://littlesmartthings.com/stratosnapper2/
    3. The Mikrokopter LANC-Ctrl: http://mikrokopter.altigator.com/sony-lancctrl-camera-remote-control-p-40797.html

All three of them work well. The Stratosnapper 2 is configurable via Mac/PC utility and can use up to four channels (eight commands) and has autonomous intervalometer capability for time-lapse. The Gentwire-lancPRO and -lancPLUS give you positive Record On/Off (as does the MK-Lanc). The -lancPLUS even gives you focus control.

EDIT: In my feeble attempt to summarize the features, I should point out that the -lanc's also have intervalometer capabilities too -- best to read the specification and see which best fits your needs rather than rely on what I wrote above. :)

Hope this helps.
    Andy.

3. John Fox

John Fox Member

If I understand correctly you are using a two man configuration with two radios?
    The lanc control can connect straight to the receiver channel outputs. I used the throttle stick (with the recentering spring in place) for zoom control. I assigned the other channel to a 3 position switch for start/stop video and still shots.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Well, I'd be in deep trouble if I didn't point out that my usual camera op is female, but yes...a two person setup! :)

You're quite right, John.
    I use a rotary control with a click-center for zoom in and out. The left stick side-to-side (with spring centering) controls pan and the right stick fore/aft controls (with stick centering) camera tilt. I chose these to be closer to flight controls just in case my camera operator also happens to be a pilot.

And I use one three position switch for off/digital still/record on, another to very the amount of expo (to create the illusion of variable sensitivity), and a third for Radian mode control. (This is on a Futaba 8FG Super.)

Andy.

5. kjetil tønnesen

SO I CAN JUST PLUG MY SONY LANC CONTROLL DIRECKLY INTO MY GRAUPNER RECIVER AND ASIGNE ZOOM TO THROTTLE OUTPUT ON THE RECIVER AND JUST SET A 3 POSITIONS SWITCH TO OFF/STILLS/ RECORD ON

AM I RIGTH?

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

7. kjetil tønnesen

8. kjetil tønnesen

It was not meant to look like shouting
    i was in a hurry:)

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

That's OK, Kjetil. I was only teasing. :)

10. kjetil tønnesen

hehehheehhe
    i know