/dist/images/branding/favicon

Radian with Spectrum Rx - NO SAT

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Kenny Hill, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Kenny Hill

Kenny Hill New Member

Hello,
    I am wanting to use my Radian with a spectrum Rx. (no sat) I have been using the Sat. config. and its works just fine. I just want to use other switches and such that are available on the Rx.

I have the "ele." (to use as yaw on gimbal) port of the spectrum Rx going into the port 1 of the Radian. I can see my stick movement in the radian software, but the input monitor gives me nothing.

Any ideas of how to get this to work?
    Is it possible ?

Thanks

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

You can use the aux ports on the radians themselves to power other functions such as servos and camera triggers. What are you trying to do?

Step 4 on P27 of the Radian manual http://www.freeflysystems.com/pdf/radianManual-v1.pdf specifically says Spektrum satellite therefore I would say its only comparable with the satellite. But with an aux port available on each Radian you shouldn't have any need for the full receiver. There isn't much talk of the Aux port in the manual but its easy to config in the software. Just assign each Radians Aux port to a channel, plug in your servo or other device and go.

3. Kenny Hill

Kenny Hill New Member

Thanks Brad,

I was afraid of that... (use of sat only). Never hurts to try.
    I really only want to use the radian for my pan. Going for a brushless conversion. It seems people are having some luck with that path, so I figured I would give a swing at bat.
    Looks like there is a config for futaba and sbus. I may have to go that route.