/dist/images/branding/favicon

Radian Tilt Setup

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Matt O'Brien, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien Member

Hi Guys,

Just finished bolting on the mount plate to the tilt axis and as of right now (out of the box) the radian servo is no were level with the tilt bar. The roll looks great pretty much right on. I just want to make sure am I suppose to get the radian servo as level with the camera as possible or how exactly is that servo needing to be set up? Thanks

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Can you post an image so we can see what you mean, please, Matt?

Also, if it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/
    Thanks
    Andy

3. Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien Member

Here is a picture. Again this is just the way it came outta the box. The roll seems to line up good but is this correct for the tilt or do I need to level it our the best I can and then make small adjustments. The reason I ask is because this is the only axis in all the videos I didn't see anything. I guess my question is do I keep it how it is and make the adjustments in the program or level it out manually and than make final adjustments in the program. Right now its at a pretty steep downward angle.

Attached Files:

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Oh, I see now. Yes. Make the Radian level when the tilt bar is vertical!
    Thanks for the full name, Mr. O'Brien! :)

Andy.

5. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Matt, just to keep you on the right track, you'll have to adjust the set screw that attaches the large pulley to the tilt axis. Loosen the set screw, rotate everything to align, then retighten the set screw. When powered on, the tilt should be at a slightly down angle (-10 degrees).

6. Kristian C

Kristian C Member

What value in the radian software do I change to limit the amount of travel on the tilt? I want to prevent the cam op from tilting too high to prevent the rotors from coming into the shot.

7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

On the configuration tab use the Min Angle, Max Angle and Fixed Pos settings.

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

If you don't see those values on the Configuration Window, you'll need to update to the latest software -- they were only added on the current version.

Andy.

9. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

You can only limit the travel with respect to the ground.. So in a hover, +5 may work for you..but in forward flight +5 to the ground will get booms in the shot.. Etc