/dist/images/branding/favicon

Radian tilt not stopping.

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Jei Swan, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

Basically when im controlling the tilt on the radian to get the angle i want it holds it for about 30 seconds or is very slowly moving it self out of position and i end up staring at the boom/sky most of the time. has any one come up with a solution so i dont have to be dead accurate for the radian to hold the desired position.

this is a single operator set up.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Jei are you sure that you are back to a zero setting on your tilt control? Which transmitter are you using?

3. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

im using the graupner mx 20 the tile control is on the control 6 knob. well i can see the video moving so i slowly move the knob by the 'clicks' the knob is giving me u till the image stops.

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Jei at the Zero point on the Graupner you should get an audible tone indicating Zero. It will usually be within 1-2 points. You can watch this and experiment on the ground. Hook up the Radian to your computer and software. Power up the Radians and receiver and the Graupner. Listen for the Zero tone and watch the slider bar for the Skew to see when it reaches the center point. That should stop any further movement.

5. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

hmm ah ok. if i assume correctly you have the tils on the control 7 knob on the mx20 which has the audible beep when it hits the 0 point/middle. the control 6 knob dosnt have that.

ok changed the controls to that. cant test it in flight....wind is pushing 21mph. but once that dies ill do it but its looking good atm

6. Denis Gliksman

Hello,
    i just instal a 2 axes CS Gimble with 2 radians and have the same problem, difficult to use tilt that way because the bip on the knob doesn't mean stop, depending the direction you are going (right or left) you may have to go back one step after the bip ! ...
    Really a big issue for single operator use with the MX20. If anyone found a solution ...
    May be it could be easier with a MC20 that have different controls
    Actually i am considering bringing back the tilt on the FC ! ... Much easier before ...
    I look in the forum to see if there is an idea ;)