/dist/images/branding/favicon

Radian / Spectrum DX8 / MK Lanc Control / Mondo Stinger Setup

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Josh Conley, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Josh Conley

Josh Conley New Member

I am unclear on the best way to wire/power and control all these devices on my gimbal. I believe I understand the Radian with the spectrum as follows

Spectrum satellite rec > Roll Radian >..............
    > Pan Radian >
    4S /2500mAh lipo > BEC > Pan Servo >

My question is can I control/power MK Lanc control through one of the radians. Also what is the best method to power Mondo Stinger down link and possibly placement for battery and such to help with CG. Thanks in advance

Josh

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Josh:
    You can certainly power the MK LANC controller from one of the Radians.

I'm not quite sure I understand your wiring description. What are do the ...... represent?

I also note that you're powering it with a 4S Lipo? Any reason for that? Typically I've seen 3S Lipo's being used for that.

Andy.

3. Josh Conley

Josh Conley New Member

Thanks Andy,

The wrapping on the HTML killed what I was trying to get across, no matter on that.

Will I be able to power and control MK Lanc via a Aux Radian port receiving inputs from a DX8 with a satellite receiver?

How would you recommend powering a 500mz video downlink? Direct from that same battery? And you are correct it is a 3 cell. A picture of a existing setup of this would really be helpful if anyone has one out there.

Your videos are as described "rather good". I could not have got to this point without them. Thank you.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Josh:
    Yeah, the wrapping wrecks most attempts to draw simple diagrams.
    The problem with the MK LANC controller, as I understand it (from http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/LancCtrl), is that it requires two PPM channels, so you'll need to use the AUX ports (that's port #2) on two Radian sensors, each set to different RC channels, to get full control.

Powering the 500 mw Mondo Stinger: Yes, you can power it directly from the 3S Lipo. I don't have an image of this -- the wiring is a bit of a spaghetti setup on the copter so an image of my copter is not going to help you much, I'm afraid.

Thanks for the rather kind words about the DVDs. :)

Andy.

5. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Josh, For my Spektrum setup I have the satellite plugged into the Pan Radian. Pan connection is fed to Roll, Roll to Tilt as in the manual. Power from my 3s 1200 lipo is split, one carries voltage directly to my Stinger, the other goes to the BEC which then runs from the BEC to port 2 on the Pan Radian.

Brad