/dist/images/branding/favicon

Radian Software on Windows 8? Does it work?

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Chris Newman, May 30, 2013.

1. Chris Newman

Chris Newman Member

So I bought a brand new small windows 8 lappy just to run the radian software and mktools on. I try to install the Software and it says "please insert a disc" I don't have a disk to install so I click "ok"

It then says "Cannot find file 'C:Users\cinechopper\appdata\
    local\temp\temp3_Radianstabailserpcsoftware1.1.zip\radianstabailiserpcsoftware1.1/radianstabiliser.cab'. Please insert disk".

Any ideas?? Anyone use windows 8 with the radian software?
    Thanks in advance!

2. John Fox

John Fox Member

I've got it running on a Windows 8 tablet. It gave me no problems with the install. Although I have seen the error you are talking about with XP. Try copying the software onto a disk and then run it from the disc.

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Chris I'll ask the obvious but after you got the zip files, you unzipped each of them (Bootloader,Firmware,Configuration) and then clicked on the resulting Setup.exe icon? Have you tried right clicking and then Run as Administrator? At least that's how I think Admin mode is done.

All so maybe try running after putting the files on the root c: drive?

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

You may also need to click right on the .exe file, Properties and set "Run as Administrator." If you're prepared to do that make a folder in C:\Program Files (x86), copy the files there, tweak the .exe to run as administrator, and then click right on the .exe and select make short cut and drag that on the desktop. Alternatively, you can pin the program to the Task Bar or the Start Bar depending on which you want to clutter up with icons most. :)

Andy.

5. Chris Newman

Chris Newman Member

I burned the software onto a DVD as John suggested and it worked! Didn't try the other ideas, I'm sure they would work too.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm sure that the other ideas would work too! :) :)