/dist/images/branding/favicon

Radian software 339 error

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Laurence Hamilton-Baillie, May 23, 2013.

1. Laurence Hamilton-Baillie

I keep getting the 339 error when i try and install and open the radian software. I have tried this on about 5 different computers now, one of which is brand new so it seems that it is a problem with the software rather than the computer. what do i do? shouldn't the radians come with the software on a cd or something??.. or at least instructions in the manual of how to download the software? Could any answers/ explanations be made very simple and easy to understand, as you can tell i'm a bit of a computer noob.. (only just learned what a zip file is)
    Many thanks!

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum. Would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/.

You can get the latest software at http://www.freeflysystems.com/products/freefly-radian.php

You may want to see the posting at http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/radian-software-problem-on-my-pc.187

It sounds like it may be an anti-virus software issue.

3. Laurence Hamilton-Baillie

I have already looked at this thread. Why would the anti virus software on 5 different computers all have a problem with this software?? It feels to me as if it is a problem with the software that is causing the issue with the anti virus software rather than the other way round. surely if i am paying almost a grand for 3 gyros, i should expect the software to work?? or at least have some instructions on how to get it to work included? i'm confused!

4. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

So when do you see the error? Software startup, after you connect, when you try and change programming? Can you send a screen shot with the error?

5. Laurence Hamilton-Baillie

Sorry [​IMG]I cant figure out how to get a print screen onto the page. Basicly I get as far as unzipping the file, there is a logo saying 'radian stabilizer' i click on it and the error message comes up that reads 'Component 'COMDLG32.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid'
    Thanks for your speedy response and patience!
    Laurence

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Have you expanded out the Zip file and copied the files it contains to some other place on your hard disk -- if you try and execute the software while it is still contained within the Zip file, you might well get this error.

Andy.

7. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Andy beat me to it. Unzip the file.

8. Laurence Hamilton-Baillie

OK. so I click on the file that downloads then i click 'extract all files' and safe them to a folder on my desktop. then i get 2 folders; the first says mac0sx, the other one says RadianStabiliserPCSoftware1.1. I click on the second. Then i get 3 icons; one is a blank icon saying 'SETUP', the other says 'setup bootstrap for visual bas...microsoft corporation, the thrid one says 'RadianStabiliser' and has a little picture of a filling cabinate. Then a message comes up saying that this is a cabinate file would i like to open it? i click 'yes'. I click on this one and get a whole load of icons, the three most promissing ones say; Radian sta..., SETUP1, and ST6UNS. These all give me the option to 'extract'.. so i do that for each one and save them on my folder on my desktop. This gives me 3 logos, one says SETUP1, one says 'ST6UNST' the last one says 'Radian Stabilization' When i click on it I get the error message that reads: Run-time error'339' Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid. Please help! im getting desperate! Thankyou!

9. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

You should get 3 zip files from the Freefly site. Bootloader, Firmware and Stabiser PC. Unzip each into in individual folder. Open the PC Software folder, the double click (run) the setup.exe file. That will install the software and it will show up in your Programs File list in the FreeFly Folder. Then it should all work. Same steps of the other zip files. No need to open the CAB file. Simply run setup.exe.

10. Laurence Hamilton-Baillie

OK after many hours and several IT people working on this i have finally managed to get the software downloaded and even speaking to the radian! Next problem!.. When I plug it all in i can see my stick movements and 3 position switch movements fine but the radian does not respond at all to any physical changes in orientation. The servo out slider does not move at all when i move the radian around. also, the servo output needs reversing because it goes into a positive feedback cycle when the gimbal is hung from the mounting plate. how do i reverse the servo output ??
    Thanks
    Laurence