/dist/images/branding/favicon

radian on av130 problems

Discussion in 'Radian' started by bugeye, Nov 29, 2012.

1. bugeye

bugeye New Member

Hey guys,
    I just installed the radians on an av130 360.

Here is a few notes:
    a) I made the mistake of putting the ROLL radian under the camera plate. This works until you tilt the camera all the way down to 90 by then the Roll radian would have shifted it's position enough to go crazy. I moved it to the right side of the rotating part of the gimbal, this way the roll doesn't tilt with the tray.

B) the pan works with the provided servo from the 360 kit (for av130), but it is very skippy, it works ok for fast stabilization moves and fast slew moves. But for slow moves, the servo works in small steps. This makes the 360 unusable. If i plug the servo straight to the receiver the servo moves smoothly. So the problem is with the radian not liking the provided hitech servo. I tried all types of gain settings, same problem.

Any one with the same problems?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Bugeye:

a) For the AV200, the recommended place for the roll Radian is at the top of the arch. I presume this would also hold true for the AV130 -- it needs to be at the center of rotation.

b) You are correct. The best servo to use is the FF servo. You may find that you also need to use a lot of expo so that you start the pan motion slowly and bring it to a stop slowly.

Hope this helps.
    Andy.

3. bugeye

bugeye New Member

Yeah, I managed to place a spare savox servo I had and now it works fine. Will the ff servo fit? I have to check the specs.

For the roll, I understand the "center of rotation" but I don't have room to put it on top of the arch, did someone manage to do it?

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Good to hear!

I'm afraid I don't know. I don't recall seeing it on this forum.....

Andy.

5. zaxis

zaxis New Member

We have an AV130 with a Radian on the roll axis. Its mounted on the right hand side of the roll cage at the front Photo on 2012-11-30 at 22.56.jpg . Works fine, haven't had to worry about a level horizon since it was fitted.
    Tilt Radian is on camera platform also on the right hand side.
    Have a lead counter balance weight on the left side of the roll cage, to balance out the excessive weight to the right.

andy