/dist/images/branding/favicon

Radian Gain is inconsistent

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Richard Critchlow, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Richard Critchlow

Richard Critchlow New Member

Hi All,
    We're running a 3 axis radian system on an AV200 gimbal. When we originally set our system up we struggled with the tilt gain. It ended up at around 40% and was only just able to stabilise. So I rebalanced everything and the gain was back up at 80% and all seemed well. I've just added the third axis and re-plugged the system to run from the Spektrum SBUS. It stabilised well without any gain changes (as you'd expect). We went to fly it yesterday and the camera had the tilt shakes on power up. So I took the gain down to 43% before it would stop shaking. After one flight the gimbal stopped responding to tilt commands altogether and had no stabilisation (suggesting the gain is too low) Haven't yet had a chance but I'm guessing the gain will go back to 80% when plug back in. Does anyone know why this might be happening please?
    Regards
    Richard

2. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Which servos are you using? Savox? It's a common problem with Savox servos wen used with Radian.

3. Richard Critchlow

Hi Ozkan. Just seen this as I wasn't set to watch this (am now) If that's the case, what's the solution? New servos? If so which?

4. Richard Critchlow

Should have said that yes - they are Savox servos! I've also just started a new thread as the problem has continued and developed.

5. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Radian works best with Freefly servos. With Freefly servos and radian, you should not have those problems after a proper balance and optimum gains.

So my recommendation would be to try Freefly servos.

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Ozuna is correct. FreeFly developed their own servos as they didn't find anything on the market that gave great results.

7. Richard Critchlow