/dist/images/branding/favicon

radian - Best transmitter combo for 2nd operator: Futaba 8fg or GRAUPNER mx-12

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Advocate, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Advocate

Advocate New Member

i just bought the Radian 3 axis and trying to make a choice out of the two/. they both use either the s.bus or ppm to daisy chain. i have already mx20 but am happy to go with the 8fg if there a performance or ease of use difference? the mx-12 is cheaper and ill have chargers but the instructions and video use the 8fg....trying to figure out the best combo...any ideas of preference

2. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

I used an MX-16 before I bought the Radian and went the FlightControl route for steering the gimbal. I had a crash with the copter not reacting from a distance of more than around 150ft. In the german forum people over at MK people said that there are interferences when using two Graupner receivers - even the manufacturers of MK admitted. They said the problem was the telemetry. But I didn´t even use it. Some say it works, others admit that there might be problems. So I´d go another route if I were you.
    I changed to Spectrum and the problem was gone. Have to try the radian yet though.

3. Advocate

Advocate New Member

um i just bought the mx-12 and the GR-16 (radian 3 axis gimbal) to use with the mx-20 and GR-24 (on my kopter), and your saying that running two Graupner receivers can have issues? this is not good. do you have any links? im really worried now.....i know on the graupner site its saying dont carry out any programming in flight and make sure 'the only programmable reciever is powered on'??
    http://www.graupner.de/en/products/33508/product.aspx
    Important Note:
    If your model is fitted with two or more receivers, it is absolutely essential that you do not carry out programming work e.g. with the Smart-Box during a flight, as this alter the settings in all connected receivers and this can lead to incorrect settings; in the worst case this could result in the model crashing! For this reason always carry out programming on the ground, and make sure that only the programmable receiver is powered on.

4. Berndt Frogner

Berndt Frogner New Member

We are operating exactly this set up, i.e. MX-20 for flight control and MX-12 for camera and we have not encountered any interference issues, we only run telemetry for flight control (mx-20) and we have not done any in flight configuration, so all in all very happy with the current set up and performance so far.

Also, we run 3x Radian on the same set up and we have not encountered some of the issues others report with PAN issues or Mode switch problems, worked 1st time configuring the Radians, we run Mode switch for all 3 Radians on Ch.6, CTRL-9 on the MX-12 (3 way switch). Oh, we use MK FC as well.

We have not done any funny work arounds when configuring but rather straight forward channel/switch assignments and then config of Radian per instructions.

//Berndt

Aerofilm.se

5. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

Very sorry to give you worries. All I can say is that I had issues and that Holger from mikrokopter said that there can be issues. I heard that others are running the same setup without problems. At least one other member had issues too. I didn´t do any programming btw..

The link I can give you is german: http://forum.mikrokopter.de/topic-post412916.html#post412916

The translation of Holgers post (first reply to my request):
    Yes the Telemetry can interfere with each other. The reason is that the telemetry channels of both receivers can not syncronize and there can be collision of data because both are running simultaneously.

Solutions:
    - distance of 1-3m (3-9ft) between both receivers
    - bind both receivers on one transmitter

6. Michael Braun

Michael Braun Member

I found this topic because I have MX-20 and MX-16 HOTT on my multirotor. And I have big interference. I only get about 200m range and than I loose pilot signal.

So now I will try to disable telemetry on my gimbal radio. (How do I do that? =) )

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

@Advocate, sorry to repeat myself on the same thread, but: if it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/
    Thanks
    Andy

9. Philipp Haefliger

Philipp Haefliger New Member

Hy
    Anyone have a solution for the problem mx-20 hott / mx-12 hott.
    I already have problems after 50 meters.
    Someone of this configuration is flying?

Philipp

10. Philip Ellerbroek

How do you mean "problems"?

Can you post a picture of the location of your receivers on your aircraft?

Phil

11. Philipp Haefliger

Philipp Haefliger New Member

Hy Philip

The problems are receiving loss

[​IMG]

12. Philip Ellerbroek

Rotate the gr-12 90 degrees so that Antenna point down towards the ground.

Phil