/dist/images/branding/favicon

Radian and GR24 no ppm

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Manuel Frauendorf, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Manuel Frauendorf

Hi there,

I was trying to hook up the radian on a 3-axis gimbal to my graupner GR24 receiver. The Radian-Pan connection is plugged in to bus 8 of the GR24. When I connect to the diagnostics tool I cannot check the box ppm.

In addition, in the input channel monitor nothing is moving, while the slew seems to react.

Would be very happy to get some ideas from you guys!

manuel

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Manuel

Firstly if it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/

Secondly, the check box in the Diagnostic window is really a status indicator. You don't get to set it -- the Radians use them to tell you what they are doing. The first Radian in the chain (to which you connect the receiver) is the one that determines what kind of signal it's getting from the Rx. The others use S.bus to talk amongst themselves.

Have you set the Graupner transmitter to use SUMO 12? (Check the manual for how to do that -- I'd tell you where to look, but I don't know which Tx you're using).

Thanks
    Andy

3. Manuel Frauendorf

Thank you for the prompt reply, changed to Sumo 12. Now the ppm box is checked:) and I can move on...

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Wow. That was an easy fix. Wish they were all that easy! :)
    Gruss,
    Andy.

5. Manuel Frauendorf

well, I don't know if that's a problem, everything seems to work the same way. After playing around with the settings my roll and tilt radians show up as SBUS in the diagnostics tool. The pan-servo not! Strange!?

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Manuel that is normal. Only the Radian connected to the RX will show what tune the RX is playing. Everything else in the chain will be sBus.

7. Manuel Frauendorf

Ok, good to know and thank you!