/dist/images/branding/favicon

Radian and AR1000 and X plus 8

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Brett Strand, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Brett Strand

Brett Strand New Member

Hello guys, So I have a DX18 and AR10000 and a X Plus 8 expansion module and I have the 360. I want to use this as a single operator and have the option for 2 operators set up. From what I read and have asked a few days ago to the Horizon Hobby people at IRCHA 2013, I find that I can bind two AR10000 to my DX18 at the same time. I would just have to remember the channels used for the MR would be mirriord on the second AR10000 and I could use the left over channels and use on the Gimbal/Radians. I get this will work but I dont quite understand what The sat inout is for one the leading Radian. How does this work? I undertsand like with the AR10000 I need to bind it. Do I bind the sat and the AR10000 at the same time? If this is the case shouldn't I be able to just use the Sat instead of the AR10000 and have the same data transmitted from the sat to the Radian? This is confuseing to me and thought to ask here. I can use two identical RX and X-Plus to get the full 18 Channels. Thanks for reading any help would be awesome.
    Brett

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Brett I would bind everything you going to use at the same time then you can play from there, The leading radian is the pan module 5v required input.

3. Joe Azzarelli

Joe Azzarelli Active Member

Brett
    It is confusing, especially if you are new to R/C like I was (am).
    I can explain how I did it - and it is already somewhere in the forum - but if you want single pilot only at this time it is much easier.
    First of all, if you only need 12 channels or less then you do not need the plus 8 module. Turn on the plus mode in the DX18, bind the satellites with the AR10000, hook them up and go...
    You need to bind the satellites with the AR10000 - there is no logic in them to bind with the transmitter without it. Also you will not need two AR10000's.
    I do not know if you are using MK boards. If you are then bind two satellites. Connect one to the MK board and connect the other to your first Radian - Pan I would assume. Keep the AR10000 in a safe place but it is not needed on the ship.
    Attached is a channel map on how I set things up. A bit confusing as I had to reassign channels on the dx18 so they were in harmony with the DX6 ( you cannot reassign channels on the 6 ). In your case at this time the channel reassignment is not necessary, just coordinate your radian channels with the MK channels.

Good luck!

Attached Files:

4. Brett Strand

Brett Strand New Member

Thanks very much for the time you took to reply to my post and channel map, I greatly appreciate it.
    I have been flying Heli's for 3 or 4 years now and understand how to use sats and the binding process. This will be my first of this nature. I understand that if I bind to the AR10000 I can take a sat off and install it on the radian (Leading) and it will be used for my pitch and yaw ECT. Got it.
    As for the MR controller I'm using the WooKong M right now and would like to be able to use an IOSD as well. I use one now on a smaller HEX and needed one channel to switch the video input. I guess that really doesn't matter but I do think I might need a channel for IR Cam controller as well. ZOOM+ and -, REC start and stop and shutter. I think the one from QC only needs one three position switch for that so this would save on clutter from the X-Plus on the gimbal.
    On Heli's I've always used two sats do to the carbon frames and such. Will I need 2 on my MR ? If so I would need three bound to one RX and I guess I could do this with the second AR10000 right? Then pull the sat from the second AR10000 and pop it in the radian and config the channels to do what I need to.
    Am I close to understanding?

Equipment being used on this Octo,
    Vulcan UAV 1200 Octo
    Maytech 40 ESC's Simon K firmware
    400KV T motors Navigator Series
    15.5 T motor CF props
    Cinestar 360 w/ Radians
    WooKongM
    DJI Video DL 5.8Ghz
    DJI Iosd

5. Brett Strand

Brett Strand New Member

Thanks very much for the reply and will Dive head first until I get this right. :)

6. Joe Azzarelli

Joe Azzarelli Active Member

Closer than me I hope.
    I am using the diversity board to use multiple sats on my MR. Every so often when the ship returns I notice the diversity board has changed which satellite receiver it is using which means the primary lost signal. I think. Anyway it is a good idea to have multiple receivers.
    If you are using the AR10000 to drive the Wookong then just connect 1, 2 or 3 sats to it and mount them where convenient.

I chose the GentLed camera controller but the QC one might be better.

Best

Joe

7. Brett Strand

Brett Strand New Member

Yes I like this option, I will use all I can :) Thanks Very Much.

8. Brett Strand

Brett Strand New Member

Hey guys, after some messing around with the AR10000 and X-Plus 8 I found they do not work together. Funny how I call Horizon Hobbies and they said" Sure it will work" even after I told them the AR10000 was not listed as compatible in the X-Plus item page. Well I got the stuff in and tried it.... ..... .... nope doesnt work at all because the AR10000 does not have a SRXL port needed to work the X-Plus 8. So lucky for me Horizon already bundeled the kit with one AR9020 with SRXL port. Now I had to bind 3 sats on the AR9020 and all three ports were active on the AR9020 and they all bound just fine. Sweet so now I have 2 sats on the octo and one extra for the CS 360.
    This worked out really nice IMO. I now have my DX18 set up for single operator with left and right sliders for Pan and Tilt and a Mode switch. Now I can fly and operate if need be. I also did a dual set up with a DX8. This was a challenge at first and had to redo what I had done already but this new option was perfect. First I wanted to only use the AUX channels of the AR9020 for the gimbal sat ( Remember I bound 3 on the AR9020) and the X-Plus 8 channels run the WooKong M. I wanted to only use the AUX ports on the CS 360 so I could mirror the same channels used on the DX8. So I set each Radian to match the same on both TX units. I bound my DX8 and one sat on the AR1000 and set the aux channels on the DX8 to what I did on the DX18. I had to do some mixing to get RUDD,ALI and ELE to work on AUX channels and it works great. Now all I have to do to switch from Single to Dual is swap the Sat on the leading radian. Just 3 seconds and I'm single or dual operator ready. So this was a fun to do and learned a bit in the process. I wanted to share as Im sure someone else might to try to do what I have done here. Thanks for reading and to all who posted to lead me in this direction.
    Best regards, Brett