/dist/images/branding/favicon

Quick Question: To hook up RRM follow-focus to Movi battery...

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Nick Pujic, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Nick Pujic

Nick Pujic New Member

What do I need (and where can I buy it) to connect the Red Rock wireless follow focus to the Movi battery? Thank you kindly in advance,

Nick

2. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

3. Christopher Aran

Christopher Aran New Member

4. Nick Pujic

Nick Pujic New Member

You guys are awesome. THANK YOU! Cable ordered :)

5. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

Be aware that not all two pin lemo inputs have the same polarity. I believe the Teradek is opposite to RedRock and fStop.

6. Philipp Meier

Philipp Meier Member

Hey guys,

do you hook up these accessories to the same battery that powers the Movi or did you mount on additional battery in the cage? Also, how long do these movi batteries power other accessories? Do you think it would be possible to power a Blackamgic 4k camera?

I'm desperate to find a solution to power up my follow focus and camera within the cage.

Thanks!

7. Wolf Schiebel

Wolf Schiebel Active Member

Hi Phillip,

sorry, i´m on a shoot all the time, that´s why i could´t answer you in the Blackmagic-Thread.
    I would power the ff with an y-splitter cable and the Freefly BEC to Lemo cable from th main MōVI battery.
    I used to power the BMCC most of the time with the internal battery only. Just plugging in the charger all the time the rig was set on rest.
    That worked fine for me- in some special cases i also used a separate lipo-battery (4S/2500 maH) with a barrel-connector cable to buffer the internal battery. With this setup i was able to run the BMCC for about 3 hours. Since i´m on the Epic route now, i use the side v-mount to power the ff, cinetape and other stuff on the gimbal and even built an adapter to power the M 10 via P-Tap in case all the MōVI batteries quit.

Best,

Wolf

8. Philipp Meier

Philipp Meier Member

Thanks, Wolf! Did you just use another Mōvi Lipo to power the camera or another brand? Also, did you build in any safety circuitry? I keep reading that you have to build in some sort of monitor to make sure the battery isn't drained completely?

Last but not least: how did you mount the additional lip on the rig without having to re-balance every time you change out the battery?

Thanks!

Philipp

9. Wolf Schiebel

Wolf Schiebel Active Member

Hi,

I used the standard Mōvi battery and velcroed it to the bottom of the cam ( i always hung the BMCC). So i had a fixed position,
    not changing the balance.

I put a standard, cheap lipo checker on the balancer-plug and was able to check voltage constantly. To buy at Amazon or any rc-store. Most
    They mostly have an undervoltage warning, too.

Best,

Wolf