/dist/images/branding/favicon

Question: Small periodic jitter / shakes on the gimbal (visible in video)

Discussion in 'CineStar Showcase (Photo/Video)' started by Carsten Poulsen, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey Arthur:

I'm impressed.

Sherlock's Holmes' quotation was actually: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. :)

Trouble is, what Rene needs to eliminate is not impossible because it's actually happening!

(OK, OK, so this is a fine point that only computer geeks and students of logic would appreciate... :rolleyes:)

Andy.

2. Arthur Vieira

Arthur Vieira Flight Squad

Andy, once again thanks for the correction... I got lost on the translation LOL

What I mean with "impossible" is the cause of the jitter, we had eliminated most of the common causes.... so it must be something uncommon:D

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Please feel to correct my Portuguese (or my English for that matter)!

I can't help wondering whether there is, in fact, some common cause for the jitter as several of us are having this problem. It may, of course be a compound problem: loose belts, loose gimbal components, wrong gain setting, wrong O-rings (for temperature), etc., and we need to get them all exactly right to stop the jitters....

Andy.

4. Joe Azzarelli

Joe Azzarelli Active Member

There is something I see in my videos, and I believe I saw in CPoulsen's video, that I believe is a result of BOSS. I think the big block in there hits the internal stops and does a bounce, mostly visible when panning abruptly but also some other circumstances. I have on my to-do list to change the BOSS stabilization settings ( there are 3 ) to evaluate. I am forced to take a break from flying for a couple weeks so if anyone else cares to investigate, that would be great.

Joe

5. Rene Duijvelshoff

Rene Duijvelshoff New Member

Dear Joe,

I think you are right: I have tested the CX730 on another set-up (MK Oktokopter, SLR1 stabilizer) and I had the same phenomonem!