/dist/images/branding/favicon

Question on Radian Softare

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Michael Massar, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Michael Massar

Michael Massar New Member

Running a single axis radian on my 2 axis cinestar gimbal and having trouble changing gain. When I change gain and go back and look it back to defalt at 100. I a write after I change the gain back it seems not to save my settings. What is the proper way to connect and read, make changes and then save setting. I must not being doing something right.

Michael64

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Michael:
    I know it sounds a bit weird, but I saw this behavior once when I had the check box checked for "Do not confirm" -- I'd set the gain to a new value, then click Write, and it would flicker and go back to the old value.

I uncheck the "Don't confirm" box and it seemed to work.

When I tried again all was well, so I thought I must have been hallucinating! :)

Andy.

3. Michael Massar

Hello Andy
    I had the Dont Confirm checked maybe thats it I will check it in the morning. Also when flying and turning the horizon is slow to level back out, if you move the machine left and right with the sticks it does real well but when turning or holding in the wind its get off then slowly returns to level. What can be done to help get rid of this from happening.

Michael64

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Michael:
    I infer you're talking about the roll axis Radian and servo being slow to respond -- that's usually a sign that the gain is set too low -- and 100 is somewhat low for the roll -- are you sure that it oscillates in roll if you go higher than that? Find the point of incipient oscillation and then back off from there. Just make small 1% changes downwards from the incipient oscillation value.

Andy

5. Michael Massar

Yes talking about the roll sorry for not stating that in the thread. I had set the roll to 130 but when connected back up it showed 100 so that may have been the problem. I am using a Sony CX760V and the gimbal. Is there a gain range that is common with the Cinestar gimbal and the the radian for the roll. I do have the camera balanced as well.

Michael64

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

As far as I can tell, 130 is about the top end of the range, Michael.

Andy.