/dist/images/branding/favicon

Question, best combo for canon 5d mark iii (focus during flight and start/stop video)

Discussion in 'Video Assist & Video Accessories' started by Mikko Autio, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Mikko Autio

Mikko Autio New Member

What is the best combo to control the Canon 5D mark iii during flight.

I have the cinestar 3 axis gimbal with radian stabilizers.
    Also on FPV-monitor from which I can see the video.

There is a need to focus the camera sometimes during flight again, and also I'm now wasting a lot of minutes from record (example take off, landing)

I have been looking for this VP systems; http://vp-systems.eu/camremote.html
    This is also a Finnish product, so would be easy to handle with difficulties.

This could be a other control, like the VP-systems solution, or it could be coded to my Graupner MX-12 controller.
    Best regards,
    Mikko

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I think the first thing you should consider is upgrading the gimbal to a MōVI or similar. I'm not sure the original Radian gimbal will be able to handle the additional hardware that'll be required to do this. Unfortunately I don't have any ideas for camera control. But I'm sure others will.

3. Mikko Autio

Mikko Autio New Member

To make te first message clear, I'm looking for an another system which can control my camera from distance.

Needed features;
    Re-focus (auto focus with button press)
    Aperture (not a must)
    Click to take a still photo
    Make video recording start/stop

Could these features be configured somehow to my Graupner MX-12 (which controls the cinestar)?
    Or it could be another remote control.

The problem with "canon remote shutter" or similar is, that they dont have the necessary range for this job.
    Or if so, I haven't found one online.