/dist/images/branding/favicon

Question about Free Fly 360 servo

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Nathan Reim, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

Hello,
    I just bought a freefly servo from QC to replace a savox servo that controls the tilt axis on my AV200. I plugged it into the RX and it continues to go around and around and around. Now I know in the past going and checking the travel adjustment and all that to make sure it was centered or turned all the way down is how you fix that issue. I cant figure out how to fix this one. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

2. Brandon Loeser

3. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

Yeah I made one and it didn't work and I also used the one that QC makes as well. No luck. I plugged the Potentiometer into it as well and that is what is suppose to be there and it didn't fix the problem. You only need that transistor if you are using the radian. I use the radian on the roll axis but haven't figured out the tilt. This gimbal is an AV200 so it should work in theory but i haven't been able to work on it long enough.

4. Tim Joy

Tim Joy Active Member

Unless there's a signal being sent to the servo, you must have the pins wrong on the resistor.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

The "resistor" is two 2.6K ohm resistors in series. One end goes to the PPM signal, one to ground. The center tap between the two resistors goes to +5 -- it looks like a centered 5K ohm potentiometer to the servo.

Andy

6. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

I dont see why, when I plug the servo into the RX and then put a resistor in, it still keeps spinning. How is that suppose to be fixed?

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Could you post a picture of your set up for the servo, please Nathan.
    I suspect something's fundamentally wrong. The servo should not spin continuously.

Andy.

8. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

OK i just tried using the single Radio set up with my JR 9503, I plugged the servo into the FC and when the gyros initialize it just spins. When I put the transistor in, its does change directions

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Did you mean resistor instead of transistor? :)
    I presume the same thing happens if you plug the resistor in to the servo before you power it up?

Andy.

10. Sean McDonald

Sean McDonald New Member

Hi Nathan,
    I'm reading this on bus on iphone so perhaps missing the exact setup being used, but perhaps try this.
    When you plug the servo into an Rx, adjust the sub trim on the channel used. The pwm input signal may not be exactly 1500ms (centre position value for servo is usually around 1500-1512ms under pwm). With the servo being modified to remove the internal pot as feedback, the use of the external resistor values may not be giving the same centre point value to stop the servo movement.
    Just a thought...
    Sean

11. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

the issue was the Potentiometer, ha a bent pin that you could not see until I forcefully removed the plug.

12. Sean McDonald

Sean McDonald New Member

Nathan,
    OK good to hear to found the source of the problem.
    Cheers
    Sean

13. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Yeah...nice detective work, Nathan.
    Andy.