/dist/images/branding/favicon

Proper C8 settings

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Mikko Kosonen, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Mikko Kosonen

Mikko Kosonen New Member

Hi, what kind of settings you guys are using in your C8 with MK electronics? I'm still struggling with some wobbles, drifts etc and nothing seems to be helping.. I've seen rock solid flyers without any visible wobbles but I cant get my C8 to fly the same way.

Problems what I have.

- small constant wobbling during slow/fast level flight
    - pretty bad wobbling during descent
    - heading drift during moving and even when hovering and the camera operator pans either direction
    - steepening toilet bowl effect on gps position hold

Well, seems like I have all the most common problems but luckily they are small ones and I can shoot pretty good footage with it when I use post production.

Anyway, I was thinking could it be possible to create a thread for good MK settings which will help newbies to get it fly easier.

Thanks!

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Jeff Scholl

Jeff Scholl Distributor

Multirotors and single rotors will wobble on descent as they are biting into their own dirty air. Multirotors will also wobble in fast flight since they are about as aerodynamic as a barn door and the rear props biting into the dirty air from the front props.

For my settings I use default for all except the gyro d which I bump up to 25.

For the heading drift try turning your compass value to 0.

Cheers,
    Jeff

4. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Yup I was having some issues with mine before as well and after talking with Tabb i adjusted some settings and it flys great now!

For the wobble on descent try changing your Gyro Stability to 6 or 7. I have mine set to 6 and it is so much smoother then before.

Josh