/dist/images/branding/favicon

Problems with DSLR Setup on the Mövi Pro

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Adi Geisegger, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Adi Geisegger

Adi Geisegger New Member

Hi Guys,

yesterday I use my new Mövi Pro for the first time with a Nikon D850 DSLR after the Auto Calibration I have a lot of noise on the pan Axe specially when I grab it on the top handle of the ring:-(

I must reduce the stiffness from 180 to 68 than the oscillating stop.
    Is the problem the weight of the camera?
    Or the mount of the baseplate far a way from the body?

Have you a idea?

Many thanks Adi

Attached Files:

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Adi:
    1. Can you confirm that you have got the Nikon properly balanced (the test to see whether you have it balanced is that you can, with power off, move the camera and gimbal into any position and it will stay there). You need to have it balanced before you do an Autotune.
    2. When you do decide to do an Autotune, be sure to hold the MoVI as you intend to use it -- the settings Autotune gives you will change depending on how you hold the MoVI Pro.

Hope this helps
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Oh....and given that the camera looks quite light, you might want to set the Autotune to 50%.
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

4. Adi Geisegger

Adi Geisegger New Member

Hi Andy,

yes the camera is perfect balanced !

So you mean I must touch the top handle while autotune is running ? When I see the tutorial Tabb turn the autotune and say don't touch the system ?

Many thanks for help!

Adi

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Adi: The advice is "Tune it as you want to use it...." So if you plan to hold it just by the top handle, tune holding it just by the top handle. If you plan to hold it with two hands on either side of the ring, then tune it like that. The problem is that Autotune detects the natural resonant frequencies of the MoVI Pro and gimbal -- and those change depending on how you hold it.

Hope that helps
    Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™