/dist/images/branding/favicon

Problems getting the YAW right

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Dennis Rainaldi, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Dennis Rainaldi

Dennis Rainaldi New Member

Hey -
    I've balanced Movi's before and have not had any issue but now I am having a problem and it's driving me crazy.
    I have the pan and tilt balanced perfectly (I think) but when I pull the handles up the movi is swinging to one side (indicating I think that the yaw is not in balance). I have read up on line and read the manual and have went through the steps balancing the yaw. When I turn on the GUI and check the graph when the movi is turned on it's showing that the YAW is working at 20% while the others are at 0 or 1%. Could something else other than the balancing of the yaw be causing this? Any comments or thoughts would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. nicolas sedlatchek

nicolas sedlatchek New Member

I Dennis,

Did you balance the pan once with the camera aligned to the top bar and once with the camera turned 90 degree to the top bar?
    For me with the A7S I should move the battery to te right side...

Tell me if it helps.

3. Aaldrik Bakker

Aaldrik Bakker New Member

Hi there,

I think I might have a bit of the same problem. All is right balanced, but still in the Chart by Attitude, - everything is at 0 degrees, accept for the the YAW. This one is rotating slowly constantly. Sometimes it's standing still, sometimes it's roling. But he is not aligning at 0 degrees, like it used to do.

Anything know what this is?

Thanks!

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Waldron is this happening while it sitting in the stand for several minutes? If that is the case it is normal. Not an issue when the MoVI is moving.

Scott Montague likes this.