/dist/images/branding/favicon

Problem with stabilization

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Pablo, May 19, 2013.

1. Pablo

Pablo New Member

Hi, I need your help

Im having problems with the satibilization, i have a CS8, Wookong M, 2 axis Gimbal and 2 radian and im having some ugly stabilization on my flights

Im using Canon t3i with Tokina 11-16

I tried some configurations on the radian changing the gains with no good results

This is a video with original footage

What software do you use to post stabilization?

Also i have some damage propels, i dont know how much affects the stabilization

IMG_3075.JPG Captura de pantalla 2013-05-19 a la(s) 22.13.34.jpg

Best

Pablo

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

First make sure that your camera is balanced on the gimbal and that the copter is balanced overall.

Do a series of test flights. Fly the same pattern, something as simple as an out and back flight. Start with the Radians turned off. Then fly just the roll radian on, then just the tilt radian on and finally both turned on. Look at the powered off flight. If it has any vibration then your copter needs to have props & motors checked for balance. Perhaps change the number of o-rings in the vibration dampers.

If the video is smooth then start with a single axis and slowly adjust the gain on that Radian. Get that axis good and then do the second axis.

It doesn't look like you are far off on the adjustments. But it is a slow methodical process that will get you to the best results.

And yes replace the props.

Pablo likes this.
  3. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

What O-Rings are you using? Looks like they are way to soft. I would suggest getting some Blue-O-Rings. That should help.

Josh

Pablo likes this.
  4. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Soft rings and low gains...

Pablo likes this.
  5. Pablo

Pablo New Member

Hi Josh, im using the factory rings, the red rings

I live in sonora and we have similar weather than Phoenix, maybe the heat soft the rings, is this possible?

Best

Pablo

6. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Yes the heat will soften the o-rings up. So with the red rings they will be way to soft. The gimbal will bottom out and hit the frame causing odd video issues.

Josh