/dist/images/branding/favicon

Problem with RRM Fingerwheel

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Veve Borimov, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Veve Borimov

Veve Borimov Member

Hi everyone,

We are on a shoot right now and having a problem with our redrockmicro Wireless follow focus. When using the remote, there are minor vibrations coming from the motor and when we have the fingerwheel plugged in, the vibrations get quite heavy and noisy.

Has anyone experienced this before? Would anyone have any ideas on how to fix or avoid this kind of issue?

Thanks for any input you might have to help me out here!

Veve.

2. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

Have you tried changing the torque setting? Reducing it might help. Consult the manual to see how to do this, but it consists of pressing the up and down buttons and counting the number of flashes. 5 is the factory setting. It's not difficult to accidentally change this when handling the unit.

Also try recalibrating. The only thing I can think it might be is a mis-match between resolution and travel distance between hard stops, i.e. a miscalibration.

Does it make the noise when you torque it without connecting it to a lens gear?

I'll be around for an hour or so to see if I can help.

3. Veve Borimov

Veve Borimov Member

Hi Brett,
    I managed to read your message on saturday and yes it did help us! Thanks a lot for your comment!
    I wasn't aware of this option on the unit.

Thanks again!
    Veve

4. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

Very glad I could help.