/dist/images/branding/favicon

Problem connecting to app and pan not working

Discussion in 'MIMIC' started by alex ryan, Oct 13, 2015.

1. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

Hi,

So I have been having a fairly consistent problem with the MIMIC (doesn't happen 100% of the time, but happens a lot). When I use the MIMIC the app has trouble connecting to the Movi. Anyone having this problem?

Also I am having another problem. When I turn everything on, sometimes, but not all the time, the mimic doesn't seem to have control over pan. Sometimes I have to power cycle everything to get it working. Other times it just starts working after a few minutes for no apparent reason. This is super stressful when working on a set, so even though the mimic is an awesome way to control the Movi I am often reluctant to use it at the risk of wasting time or looking unprofessional.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? or are these common issues?

Thanks

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

3. Ben Kanegson

Ben Kanegson New Member

"So I have been having a fairly consistent problem with the MIMIC (doesn't happen 100% of the time, but happens a lot). When I use the MIMIC the app has trouble connecting to the Movi. Anyone having this problem?"

Thought it was my imagination/ operator error! The connection instantaneous on the camera truck and then almost impossible on set shortly thereafter.... Possible answer might be bluetooth interference from multiple smartphones ringing the set. Have gotten into the habit of turning my own phone's bluetooth off and creating some distance between my booting up rig and other crew. Seems to help somewhat. Maybe being superstitious, but iPhone proximity can screw up otherwise rock-solid Preston reception, so this might be a factor.

alex ryan likes this.
  4. Walter Brokx

Walter Brokx New Member