Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Tristan Twisselman, Sep 30, 2013.
Is it faster or any different preordering from freefly direct compared to quadrocopter?
I went straight to FF myself. But no idea at this point. Little in the way of specs or timelines have been discussed. FF have said that more would be revealed by Oct 15, I think.
Hi Tristan...If you have not already preordered, it would probably be about the same.
Denise, do we know anything more about the M5? Configurations? Timelines? Will there be a separate land and air version?
Hi Steve...I posted on Friday here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/the-m5-is-coming-and-other-updates.2319/ with some updates on the M5 (just regarding shipping month - Dec). October 15th we will have another update with some additional detailed info. Unfortunately, I don't have the answers you are looking for just yet.
Thank you, Denise.
Hi Denise I have a M5 Pre order, in the page the remote for dual operator option was not listed!! Does FF will add the option to order the M5 with the Remote for dual operator? thanks!!
I have mine on preorder at quadrocopter and I really hope tme M5 will have dual operator capabilities. Please answer!
It will have dual operator capabilities just will not be shipping with the transmitter included from what I understand.
That is correct Brad...It will have the ability to operate with a transmitter it just won't come with one.
Thanks for the answer!! So there's going to be an option to order the transmitter with the M5?
We are working on that...we would like to but I can't say for sure at the moment. More info will come on the 15th.
Hey Guys...Our apologies, I know we noted we would have more info on the M5 and the launch date today but we are still finalizing some details so it will be tomorrow.
Thanks for the update!! Hope to see some Great M5 news!!!
Hey Everyone...I know you guys are all anxiously waiting on a full spec sheet and details, details, details, and I assure you it is coming...just not today. I wanted to address the most commonly asked question which is "When will the M5 start shipping?" The answer is that we have opted to delay the launch slightly to accommodate some changes we are making that will allow for more expedient (and simplified) camera balancing. To do this, we are moving the launch out until the end of January. I know this will not make some folks happy, but lessons we are learning as the M10 gains popularity in the field indicates a necessity for this simplification.
Another commonly asked question is regarding dual operator mode and if the M5 will operate that way and will a transmitter (remote control) be available for purchase separately? The answer to both of those is yes. The M5 will have a dual operator mode and you will be able to purchase a transmitter (remote control) from us when we launch.
As we work up to launch, we will continue to provide additional information (and photos) as we have it. You can always ask us questions via the support email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) as well (if we have the answer we will be happy to share it). Sorry for the lackluster update as I know you all were hoping for something a little bigger today, but we assure you the wait will be worth it and that we will get you additional information as we work towards launch.
Cool! Thanks for the update! Screw driven balance adjustment knobs would be sweet, just saying.... ;-)
Hi Denise! Thanks for the update!!! It would be nice to get and update via email to people like Me who made a Pre order!! and not just depend on the forum to get the updated info!!
So this new simplified method of camera balancing is also being develop for M10 or it just M5 specific?
Hi Ariel...Thanks for the feedback and I had planned to send the email yesterday but ran out of time so it will go out today. With regards to the new balancing, right now it is M5 specific and to be determined on the M10.
Hey Denise. As you said yourself, we were all hoping for better news, but I guess we don't have much choice but to wait. Easier balancing means a lot. But:
I know all personal rants about people needing their Movi at this and that time really doesn't count too much, but, I have a two month long international documentary starting when january turns to february, and I would really like to know as soon as possible if my pre-ordered Movi M5 can be a part of that. If not, I need to know way ahead of february, as I need to turn my head towards other solutions. Is there a possibility to get the Movi M5 with the "old" balancing setup (M10 way), and then upgrade (on my cost) later - if this makes it possible to get the M5 before february?
Greetings from Norway.
P.S: I haven't gotten any email yet - am I on the mailing list?
Hi Anton...I am sorry you didn't get the email, if you could drop us a note at the support address, I can confirm your email address is on the list. With regards to sending out a unit with the "old" balancing set up, unfortunately, this will not be possible as the design of the unit is being changed and will not be manufactured the old way.