/dist/images/branding/favicon

Powering Mimic

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Rob Ruscher, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Rob Ruscher

Rob Ruscher Member

I've left the mimic on a charge overnight. Came down and turned it on. It read 83%. Then jumped to 100%. When I unplugged it read 76%. Anyone else having issues/is there an initial charging procedure? Used a couple times and seems to hold a charge but odd that the percentage jumps around.

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Rob, the level seems to jump when you plug it in and it reads that it has more juice. I keep a couple of cheap USB phone chargers\boosters on hand and can velcro them onto the Mimic handlebars if needed.

3. alain baars

alain baars Member

I am going to combine the mimic and a screen and a Paralinx to a V-mount, I suppose its possible to power the mimic from there as well?

4. Aaro Visala

Aaro Visala New Member

Hi Rob and Alain!

I think that best way to power Mimic and other accessories is with v-lock batteries. You can get P-tap to USB adapter what is the key to power mimic for longer times. I have been powering mimic, Tvlogic 058w monitor and Teradek bolt 300/600 with V-locks.

5. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Would a battery plate that takes two MoVI Pro batteries and has, 2 pin lemo (for terradek/parralinx), 2 pin lemo or D-Tap for monitor, and USB out for the mimic work for you?

This is something that I am working on at the moment ...

Otherwise IDX make some fancy V-Lock plates with D-Tap and USB power out that would power the mimic, and accessories from.

Joshua Coté likes this.
  6. Joshua Coté

Joshua Coté Member

Chris, yes please

Chris Fox likes this.
  7. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

Any update? I need to replace my vmount plate, looking to see if u have a movi battery alternative yet.

Thanks!

8. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Hi Sebastian,
    Unfortunately we didn't establish enough interest to push ahead. I'd be happy to do a custom solution for you. We only need about 10 people interested to make it worthwhile.
    Cheers
    Chris