/dist/images/branding/favicon

Power and Spektrum Sat

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Angus Benson-Blair, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

Sorry if this is a bone question but the documentation states that just using a Spektrum satellite is fine. The question is therefore, how do you power the system as there is no traditional RX to plug in the BEC?

I have a CC Bec set for 5v and although I have not tried it, nor intend to until I get confirmation here, would I be correct in thinking that the BEC can be plugged into one of the spare ports on the pan Radian?

Many thanks

2. Angus Benson-Blair

Oh, and is there a way to set up the Radians into 'Bind' mode?

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Angus:
    Firstly, don't trust anything anyone with a double-barrelled surname says to you!
    This is especially true if he has a name that suggests that he might be a Scotsman (but really he's sassenach).

So, to your question:
    1. You need to connect up the satellite to it's main receiver to bind it.
    2. Once you've done that, the satellite gets it's power from the Radian (the small plug underneath the Radian when you're holding the label on the Radian so you read it).
    3. All of the Radian ports are "ganged" together when it comes to +5 and ground, so you are correct.

Hope this helps
    Andy Johnson-Laird (Now you understand the warnings! In my own defense, my mother was almost Edinburgensian, well, Piitenweem to be precise).

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Errr....I'm not sure what you mean by that?
    The Radians don't need any binding....

Andy.

5. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

The Castle BEC is plugged directly into port two on my Pan Radian. That supplies 5v to the entire system

6. Angus Benson-Blair

What I meant by bind mode is that somehow you need to bind your sat to your tx. I have flown helis for a while now and use a Vbar that you can plug sats directly into. You set the Vbar into bind mode in order to bind the sat to your tx thus there is no need to go and track down a separate RX. However, I have now used my Vbar to pair this sat and all is now good. Top idea for the Radian guys, if you can set the ability to bind a sat whilst plugged into the Radian system, that would be awesome.

Thanks for the help guys, I'm cooking on gas now. Andy- I hate to think what you have to say about triple barreled names!

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Oh. Sorry. Then the answer is no. The Radians don't allow for that, as far as I am aware.

That would be a nice feature.

I'd probably be cowed into silence by the polysyllabism. :)

Andy.