/dist/images/branding/favicon

POTI position functions

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Dave King, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me what the POTI position functions are for Poti 1 through 8?

2. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member

Hi Dave, if you are talkin MK they are what You yourself assign them in the MK software.

Regards.

/Janne

3. Dave King

Thanks

Do you know what the default settings are?

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Dave also emailed me on this. Here's is my response so that others can see it:

Well, they're somewhat of an historical hang over from the earlier days of radio control, back when everything really was controlled by potentiometers, hence POTI.
    So the idea is to have a logical intermediary between radio channels and the servos.
    The chain is:

Transmitter uses channels (on the MX20 these are called inputs just to add to the confusion).
    The receiver maps the channels to POTIs 1-8.
    You can then influence values in the MK Boards by specifying the POTI (and thereby the channel) that is controlling.

However, (deep breath), some of the settings in MK Tool are assigned by actual channel, not by POTI. You can tell by looking at the screen -- if the value as an up/down arrowhead to the right, then that's a channel, if it has only a down arrow, then that's a POTI.
    Hope this helps
    Andy.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Dave emailed me on this, but here's the response so that others can see it:

Hmmm. For reseting the defaults on the Cinestar there's a small red triangle at the bottom of the MK Tool's window that resets everything but the channel assignments, which isn't a lot of use for you.
    You can reset the Control Adjust (channel assignments), see page 96 of the manual. Last paragraph on the right hand column.

By the way, I'd recommend you download a copy of the MX-20 manual if you've not done so -- it's electronically searchable -- makes it a lot easier to find things.
    Do a Google search for:
    Graupner MX-20 manual
    and you'll find the link.

I just plodded through the manual searching for the word "reset" (and getting a lot of hits on "preset"), but that's how I found the Control Adjust reset.
    You'd think there'd be a "complete reset."

One thing you could do is create a new model -- I think that might give you a fresh set of assignments with their default settings and then you could delete the original model. A rather clunky way of doing it, but...
    Andy.

6. Dave King

Thanks this information as very helpful and I now understand much better.