/dist/images/branding/favicon

Potentionmeter Removal

Discussion in '3 Axis Gimbal' started by Matt O'Brien, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien Member

Hi Guys,

I just wanna say I am setting up the 3 axis gimbal for the first time and had a quick question. I just bought the 3 axis gimbal with 3 axis radian system and I see the blue potentiometers came with the gimbal and are installed although every video I see on installation I do not see them. I'm 99 percent sure you remove the potentiomenter once you go to the radian system but just wanted to make sure before I remove them if I shouldn't. Also is there any videos or instructions on removing them or is it very basic and straight forward. All your help is appreciated and thank you in advance.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien Member

O ok awesmoe thanks. Just to make sure I have to keep the roll potentiometer there because that is what it rides on until i keep that dual bearing setup then correct?

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Nope. The roll pot is not the main roll bearing. You'll see what I mean when you remove it. :)

Andy.

5. Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien Member

That was my bad I meant the tilt potentiometer not the roll. Sorry to confuse you but i meant I have to keep the tilt one until i get the dual bearing correct?

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Definitely keep the tilt pot on. In fact, you can fly with it forever if you don't want to replace it.

Andy.

7. Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien Member

Awesome. Do you think it is worth it for the dual bearing upgrade? Is there a big difference there? Does it increase the smoothness?

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I don't think it will significantly alter performance, but it does shed a few grams of weight.
    I've certainly installed the dual bearing -- couldn't see the point of flying hardware I didn't need to. :)

Andy.

9. Matt O'Brien

Matt O'Brien Member

I completely agree thanks for all ur help Andy. You have been a big help. I'm sure I will have more questions to come. :)

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Glad to help. The forum exists for questions. If all we had were answers it wouldn't be much fun. :)

Andy.