/dist/images/branding/favicon

Photos of M5 and MOVI Ring Pro? Reviews?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Bryan Vaughan, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Bryan Vaughan

Bryan Vaughan New Member

We have (4) M5s and are looking at MOVI Ring Pro. Is anyone using this set up? If so what do you think? The specs say Ring Pro is 4.5 lbs. Seems heavy. Photos would be great as well if anyone has them.

We shoot real estate, so moving around furniture and through doorways is important. Being able to set the rig down is essential.

Freefly, please put feet on the regular ring! On the thread I posted before the answer was that the regular ring is a different diameter. That could be solved with circular shim.

I don't mind spending money but $900+ and 4 to 6 weeks delivery is tough to swallow. I just put in an order today for an M5, so I'm not complaining just for the sake of complaining. It's frustrating that Ronin can be set down and M5 can't.

Ideas?

Thanks,

2. The MoVI Pro ring is only 1.8 Lbs, not 4.5 Lbs. The previous weight may have been 'shipping' weight, not item weight.
    The standard ring made for the M5, M10, and M15 is not designed to accommodate the top handle assembly, or the Pro ring feet. Unfortunately it is not as simple as just slapping a shim on the carbon.

3. Bryan Vaughan

Bryan Vaughan New Member

Is it really 4 to 6 weeks to get one to test?

4. Bryan,
    We do not have "test" units. The 4-6 week shipping lead time, is for products purchased on the Freefly online store, after an order has been paid for and processed.