/dist/images/branding/favicon

Phantom Flex 4K on Movi Pro?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Graham Futerfas, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

I have a friend who wants to know if it's possible to put a Phantom Flex 4K high speed camera onto a Movi Pro, and I've never done it, but the specs look a little daunting. 14 lbs for the body, and it's a little on the tall side for the cage.

Has anyone tried this camera on the Movi before? If so, what lenses were you using?

Also, I can't tell from the specs if it will take 12V, but it looks like it needs 24V power, which may be a separate problem to solve.

I saw another thread\video here about drones and helicopters, but I couldn't tell if the Phantom was on a Movi or a Shotover or just a water housing.

Thanks for any help!
    -Graham

#1 Graham Futerfas, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  2. Dylan Law

Dylan Law Member

Hi Graham,

Its a large and HEAVY setup but it can work. We have had it working with Zeiss Standard Speeds and wireless video. Focus was starting to cause a bit of a challenge (but it can be done I am sure). We were powering the camera off a Battery Belt.

This is what the XL is all about!

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  3. Mike Sutton

Mike Sutton Member

Works fine. Flex 4K is actually 12-24V DC so it will work fine but you may want to run with a tethered battery. As far as the weight, the MoVI Pro will hold much more weight than its rated for. The key is to properly balance on all axis and tune accordingly. Can easily be done and has been done many times.

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Thanks! Do you have to remove the top bars of the Movi's cage to fit, or will it take a plate on top and bottom?

5. Mike Sutton

Mike Sutton Member

Without the flex 4K top handle and without a baseplate or top cheese plate (that some rental houses have) it will fit fine.