/dist/images/branding/favicon

Phantom Flex 4k on a M15?

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Kasper Bröns, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Kasper Bröns

Kasper Bröns New Member

Hi!
    I have a big costumer who wants to put a Phantom flex 4K on my m15, i don't know the lens yet but is this even possible?

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Just looked at the Phantom website. Camera w/o lens is 13b/5.9kg. Doesn't indicate if that includes recording media if you need anything more than whatever internal memory is installed in the camera and wouldn't be with a battery since it ships with a power supply 120/240v.

3. Jason Comparetto

Jason Comparetto Active Member

I have seen it done, but they had to strip alot of metal off the body and have limited selection of lenses due to keeping it super-light weigh. If you want, I can go weigh my Phantom Flex 4K and let you know what the bare body would weigh. Off hand, I don't think its a great idea, and if I rented my Phantom Flex to you I would not allow it to be taken apart just for a shot. Its also a power hog, so in addition to the weight you'd have to mount the V-mount battery to the top bar and increase your muscle strain even more. I'm getting about 20-35 minutes off of one V-mount 95wh battery, depending on how much I'm shooting.

4. Jason Comparetto

I could go weigh it, but it weighs at least 13 lbs, like what Gary said. The media is pretty beefy and will add around 0.5 lbs.

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Reading the specs with internal memory of 64K when shooting at 1000fps your actors had better be FAST!. Specs said something like 5 seconds of filming time.

6. Jason Comparetto

Most Phantoms out there have a bit more recording time, but Gary is right in saying that you have to be quick. I get about 9 seconds of recording time on mine. I assume the OP is not planning to shoot people in that time window. Kasper, what are you trying to shoot?