Panasonic GH2 questions

Discussion in 'Cameras' started by Trent Steffen, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Trent Steffen

Trent Steffen New Member

Hi, I am currently testing a Sony CX760, but am disapointed in the quality of the stills, as mentioned by others. I am considering a GH2 instead and had the following questions:

1) When recording a movie on the GH2, is there a limit to the number of stills that can be taken in one session?
    2) Is it possible to 1)balance a zoom lens like a 14-140mm on a cinestar 3-axis and rig up a servo to control the zoom remotely? We would like to use the camera for inspection of structures, so zoom is really a priority. We could maybe live with a little less zoom, but as much as possible would be preferred.
    3) Are the stills taken while recording as good of quality as stills taken in photo mode?

Thanks,

Trent

2. Duane Bradley

Duane Bradley Active Member

Hey Trent
    Welcome to our forum/community!

I am a GH2 user, however us it for video only. All three features you ask of I have never needed or even considered. Being a photographer I did take some photos to compare to my pro Nikon and was thoroughly impressed. My inclination is that photos taken simultaneously to video will not be lower quality than photos taken at any other time.

Truthfully, you'll need to wait for other users to chime in.

3. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member

If you want stills of high quality, do that.
    If you want video of high quality then do that.
    Trying to do both video and stills at the same time :-(
    Neither camera nor photographer or copter will manage this with high quality in the end!
    Best Regards.
    /Janne