/dist/images/branding/favicon

Pan Radian Question

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Roger Warman, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Roger Warman

Roger Warman New Member

Hi All,

New build 3 axis gimbal, Spektrum satellite RX, all Radians programmed and working fine. The question I have is regarding the Pan axis. When the mode switch is selected to position 3 the tilt and roll work fine from DX8 transmitter, however the Pan servo accelerates the gimbal mounting plate, although the Pan stick on the TX will override this and move the pan channel in the correct direction on command. Tabb mentions this in his setup video emphasising the importance of having the mode switch in position 1 for take off and landing. This acceleration also happens on the setup tutorial video.

Am I just being thick or once the gimbal is attached to the CS8 and flying does the Pan axis work on command a la Zenmuse?

I am unable to understand why the Pan servo does not work like the tilt and roll servos on the bench.

Thanks

Roger

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

You need to suspend either the copter and gimbal by the battery plate or just the gimbal by the "star" plate, Roger.

If you don't do that, the Radian pan gimbal tries to hold position in pan, but doesn't see anything changing (it can't, of course, because the gimbal's resting on the bench).

Even when you suspend it, you will expect to see some pan "creep" -- that's because just dangling it really doesn't replicate flight conditions.

Hope this helps
    Andy.

3. Roger Warman

Roger Warman New Member

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your speedy reply! It now makes perfect sense. I was forgetting that the Pan Radian would be static on the bench !

Best Regards

Roger.