/dist/images/branding/favicon

Pan Motor vibration with Digi Ignite TB50 batteries

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Azzie Scott, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Azzie Scott

Azzie Scott Member

Im using the Digi Ignite TB50 battery adapters and I'm getting a massive vibration when I pick up my MoviPro by the top handle. Is this because the batteries are bigger and have a little more wight than the original Movi Batteries? If I lower the pan motor stiffness to about 50% and increase the pan filter to about 10-14 it goes away. Has anyone else experienced this? My Movi is correctly balanced so its not a balance issue. Just looking for as much info I can get.

Just for clarity the vibration only happens when I pick my MoviPro up by top handle. Holding Movi normally with ring doesn't cause any vibration, just holding it by top handle

2. Brandon Obey

Brandon Obey Member

Either the Pan arm screw, top handle, or the female TITH screws are loose. Recheck your pan balance also. There are multiple ways to balance the pan axis.

3. Azzie Scott

Azzie Scott Member

Hey Brandon, all the crews are tight and secure on my Movi, I only got the vibration since I upgraded the adapters. I was able to fix the vibration by lowering the pan motor stiffness and raising the filters a little bit.

are you using the TB50 batteries? and have you experienced this also?

4. Brandon Obey

Brandon Obey Member

I experienced this before the TB-50 and after the release of TB-50s on the Movi Pro. Those screws come loose even when you think they are tight. Always double check that the TITH is secure. I have seen the gimbal slip out even after the TITH was locked in place, hence why there is an Aftermarket TITH safety harness.

The filters can help but won’t alleviate the issue. If you can’t point camera +90° or +270° w/o any issues after an Autotune then it’s a balance issue, loose screws/misalignment, or possibly filters adjustment.

5. Azzie Scott

Azzie Scott Member

Trust me all the screws are tight and secure. Maybe your misunderstanding what I'm describing. I only get the vibration when I pick up Movi by the top handle. It doesn't vibrate at all when I hold it by the ring. The movement isn't restricted in anyway, just lifting it up with one hand by top handle gives the vibration. If I lower the pan stiffness down to about 50 it goes away.
    Just wondering if the extra weight of the TB50 batteries is causing the vibration. Because I wasn't getting this before I updated to the TB50's. Also my camera package is super light as well. Im using a carbon fiber RED body so I'm curious if that has anything to do with it as well.