/dist/images/branding/favicon

pan drifting in mimic mode

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Rolf Ableiter, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Rolf Ableiter

Rolf Ableiter Active Member

i have some strong pan drifting effects when using the mimic. Sometimes more sometimes less and sometimes not.
    especially when using the mimic in majestic mode fpr pan and tilt. but i also had it in "direct" mode.

i don't have the drifts when i deactivate the mimic.

is there something i miss (for example when i activate the mimic)?

2. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

Check the dual op settings and make sure that you also check the Mimic setup on the app.

3. Scenarios where pan drift cannot be eliminated:

• MōVI in Heading Assist: Off or Heading Assist: Compass w/ uncalibrated compass. Also in Heading Assist: GPS, which is not supported right now.
    • All MIMIC inputs. (MIMIC pan itself will drift.)
    • It can still be reduced by following the guidelines in the doc, though. See link to the 'Heading Assist and Drift Mitigation' doc below.
    For the best chance at completely eliminating drift I'd want be in:

• Heading Assist: Compass w/ calibrated compass or Heading Assist: Fixed Mount. More info about when to use each option in the document below.
    • For example Fixed Mount should not be used on cranes but might be useful on dollies if not rotating.
    • Joystick or Wheels input.
    • Check for drift due to input trim (Joystick not centered on start-up, etc.) More info in the doc.
    The definitive reference for now:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...9U1iGsWACxKi0CTuc/edit#heading=h.7u1ggpbd83cg

Graham Futerfas likes this.