/dist/images/branding/favicon

Pan drift

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Mark Melville, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Mark Melville

Mark Melville Member

Hey All,

I've assembled the airframe and gimbal. Balanced it out, then set it up over 2 chairs so the gimbal hangs down between the chairs. I have the gain set to 45 and slew at 60. I have a feeling the heavier ur camera is the more you can raise the gain. I have a little canon hd on there for testing and if I go ver 55 it oscillates. If it was heavier it would have more mass and inertia and benefit from higher gain. Or so I think... These settings seem to be pretty smoooth at least on the ground.

I've noticed when the gimbal is stationary that the pan drifts slowly counter clock wise. Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thx,

Mark

2. Joe Azzarelli

Joe Azzarelli Active Member

Mark
    If you are setting the copter arms on the chairs your results are not going to be the same as hanging the copter as Tabb shows in the videos. The first thing to check to reduce the resonant oscillations: the yaw servo belt must be very tight. Any play or slack will result in what you are seeing.

Others are experiencing the pan drift but I am not so I cannot help there. ;-)

Joe

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I see the pan drift too when the C8 is suspended. I've contacted JohnC (who wrote the Radian firmware) to ask him about the pan drift as several other folk see this.

Andy.

4. Mark Melville

Mark Melville Member

Thx Joe,

I'll try suspending it and see what happens.

5. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Guys, a slow pan drift is normal. It is not a problem in flight though as the drift is very small and typically an operator is providing input which makes the pan drift irrelevant.

Tabb