/dist/images/branding/favicon

Pan and tilt acting strange and no roll in remote configuration?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Joe van Velzen, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Joe van Velzen

Joe van Velzen New Member

I just set up my M5 with a Futaba controller. I have all the channels mapped correctly but the pan and tilt axis are acting strange. If I try pan to the right, it will begin to pan left before correcting itself and then panning to the right. Same with the tilt axis. There aren't any settings in the App that I can see are causing this, has anyone else had this problem or know how to get rid of it?
    I also can't get the roll axis to move for some reason. It was working initially when I set it up but seems to have stopped working. Any ideas on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Joe:
    1. I'd first use the Futaba servo monitor window to verify exactly what the Futaba is transmitting as you move the sticks.
    2. Then I would use the MōVI App Monitor->Charts to verify that the MōVI is receiving the correct signals (monitor the Radio signals) as you move the sticks.
    3. Then I would use the MōVI App Monitor->Charts to verify what the motors are doing as you move the sticks.

If everything you see supports your observations (namely you see that strange behavior), then definitely email to support@freeflysystems.com. Take screen shots of the MōVI app and send those too.

Don't hesitate to post the screen shots on the forum too, though!
    Andy

3. Joe van Velzen

Joe van Velzen New Member

Thanks for the help Andy! Managed to get it sorted. Although while the roll axis works, it doesn't hold any input, it snaps back to a level horizon as soon as I release the stick. Do you know is there a way of setting it to be fully controllable?

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Joe:
    I don't have access to my MōVI and remote controller, but my first reaction was: I think it's supposed to do that -- the roll axis tracks the deflection of the stick (in other words the stick is a position controller).

But then my second reaction was: Or is the stick supposed to be a "rate controller" -- that is controlling the rate of movement in the direction and distance of stick deflection (which is what your asking).

I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer offhand -- I have fixed wing aircraft that use the aileron stick as a rate controller, and gimbal controllers that can do either rate controller or position controller -- I need to get my hands on the MōVI and Futaba to see which it's supposed to be!
    Andy.