/dist/images/branding/favicon

Oval track in QGroundControl

Discussion in 'ALTA X' started by Maxwell Tubman, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Maxwell Tubman

Maxwell Tubman New Member

Hello, I am trying to get a nice oval track mission planned in qground control and have not yet figured it out. In ardupilot, we can do spline waypoints to make an oval mission which will be more efficient than flying a square where the aircraft has to stop on the corners. Is there a way to do an oval-style racetrack mission with the Alta X on qroundcontrol? It has to be automated and needs to be an oval with straight lines on either side so I don't think orbit mode will work. Thanks

2. Andrew H. Petersen

Andrew H. Petersen New Member

Hey Max, just curious if the waypoint method worked for you and this test?

AP

3. Brandon Carrara

Brandon Carrara New Member

Hi Max,
    I had the same problem when using a Lidar last week, and I've been trying ant testing all kind of configurations in qgroundcontrol, but nothing. Hope they find a solution soon.
    B

4. Sam Hannan

Sam Hannan New Member

Hi I am desperately trying to get the Alta X to fly a curved path with spline waypoints and fly through each point without slowing or stopping. Is this possible? Nothing I have tried has worked. It's for a track around the inside of a small lake shooting video so a smooth constant speed path with smooth heading changes is really essential. Any help would be really appreciated