/dist/images/branding/favicon

Our new CS8 custom flight box

Discussion in 'Cinestar Misc' started by Sebastian Meredith, May 11, 2013.

1. Zach Beggs

Zach Beggs Member

I'll buy one -- add me to the list!

2. Sebastian Meredith

Sebastian Meredith Active Member

Hi all...

Just making some final adjustments on the design ... Mainly the caster wheels. Reducing the distance they stick out to eliminate them being bashed during transit. I'll keep you all updated on the progress.

With regards to the rest of the case, it has worked really well. A couple jobs completed with it and the ease and speed of setting up is fantastic. Plus it adds another element of professionallity to the team when on site.

image.jpg

Zach Beggs and Steve Maller like this.
  3. Doug Bennett

Doug Bennett New Member

that case looks great! do you ever have issues bringing the lipos on planes? I'm about to take a trip and would love to bring as smaller copter I've got, but I'm worried about having these expensive batteries taken.... any tips would be really appreciated.

if you ever plan on selling these cases I'm sure they'll sell out quickly!

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

5. Sebastian Meredith

Hi Doug,

We have traveled quite bit with our lipos on flights and have not had any issues. We have an aluminum case with 11 lipos in it that I custom fitted with high density foam to keep them tidy. 8 times out of 10 when the case goes through the scanners we'll be asked to open the case for them to check, which does result in a raised eyebrow or two, but a quick explanation that they are dry cell batteries for a remote controlled helicopter seems to satisfy their curiosity and we are sent on out way.

The only batteries they won't allow on board are wet cell batteries like a car battery etc.

The flight case is almost in a phase that is ready to market ... will keep the forum updated on the progress and cost.

6. Sam Slape

Sam Slape Member

Any progress on this?

7. Sebastian Meredith

Hi Sam ... Been manic the past few weeks. Had to pause the box dev. Will get back onto it soon. But our box we're using in the interim has been working really well for us. Such a pleasure being able to setup up and fly in a couple of minutes ... anywhere!

8. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

My janky mobile rig works great for me, as long as I'm within walking distance of my backyard. LOL.
    wagon rig.jpg

Sebastian Meredith likes this.
  9. Zach Beggs

Zach Beggs Member

Steve coming in with some steep competition!

Brandon Loeser and Steve Maller like this.
  10. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Craigslist wagon + $20 of PVC pipe + a couple bungee cords.
    #winning

Brandon Loeser likes this.
  11. Sebastian Meredith

Steve ... way cool! ... stick a RX, controller and some motors on that baby and drive down ... manual labour is highly over-rated!

Steve Maller likes this.
  12. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Any update on these cases? Really interested in one. Thanks!

13. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

14. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

That's a nice setup I am interested in one of these maybe even two down the road ;) At least having one will make transporting two a bit easier, sinc I will have brids soon.

15. Sebastian Meredith

Hey all. Sorry for the delay in this ... Has been a manic year! Can't believe it's almost over!

But just to report.... The box has been amazing! Has several jobs under its wing now and has protected the contents perfectly, never mind the convenience of everything together in one place. Having a nice clean surface to operate from on site has been really great as well. It's been on air cargo, road freight, trailers and roof racks and has held up really well.

Our initial intentions were to have pre-lazered cutouts for the bird controllers etc. but since We started the customization that so many have made on their birds will make it impossible to make-one-fits-all. Also the boom length variations form 450 to 550 will change the box dimensions. The height on some customizations have an impact as well. (Cooling fans, extended stand-offs, quick release gimbal clips etc..) We'd also like to accommodate the coaxial and hexa flyers as well.

So ... The solutions would be to custom build each box to your specific needs and supply layered pick-foam for custom fitting. I can provide a suggested pluck-guide that has worked for us and you can roll from there. We'd need the total width and height of your competed unit etc. we will also brand the box with your logo, website etc. as well.

We're in the process of getting out the website to place custom orders. And it will work out shipping costs around the world etc. I'll post the address once it's ready ... It should hopefully be ready for the new year.

Chris Daidone likes this.
  16. Chris Daidone

Chris Daidone Member

Very interested. Any ETA on website completion? Thanks for doing this!