/dist/images/branding/favicon

OSD altitud value

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Jose Luis Ocejo, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

HI is there a way to calibrate or verify that the altitud value is accurate in the OSD before flight? did a number of flights a few days ago at sea level and before take off my altitud number on the OSD shows a negative value here is a picture of the OSD screen at my office
    Thanks IMG_1337.jpg

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

That's odd. My understanding was that the barometric sensor was re-calibrated each time you fire up the motors. Does the OSD-reported height stay negative if you start the motors and just leave the ALTA on the ground with the motors at idle?

Also, does the OSD-reported height change (getting less negative) after take-off?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Hi Andy you are absolutely right I did a test this morning as soon as the motors start the correct altitud value sets in,
    thanks

Attached Files:

#3 Jose Luis Ocejo, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Jose:
    Thanks. Please make a note of the date and time. Today I was right! :) It doesn't happen often!
    Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert