/dist/images/branding/favicon

One motor low current constantly

Discussion in 'Cinestar Misc' started by Dave King, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Would someone be ask kind to look over my GPX file and give me your opinion on my #7 motor. Ever since I did the rebuild which included 8 brand new motors, #7 motor is always much lower in current. Doesn't matter the location, doesn't matter if its freefly, PH, AH or anything. Doesn't matter if I"m hovering or flying around it's always 50% or more lower in current than the other motors as far as max and average. I double checked the motor balance and even put a brand new perfectly balanced prop on it and no difference.

Attached Files:

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Did you change the BL for #7, Dave?
    It might be the sensor under-reporting the current and that sensor's in the BL.

Andy.

3. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I'd rather not at this point as everything seems fine. I just wanted a second opinion. What do you think?

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

The point I was trying to make (somewhat confusingly) was, if you have recently changed the BL-Ctrl, it could be that the new one is under-reporting. On one of my CS8, one of the BL under-reports the current. While it doesn't fill me with confidence about the accuracy of the current reporting, the motor doesn't seem unusually hot, nor does the BL itself (both as reported and also using the finger-tip test).

Hope this helps.
    Andy

5. William Johnston

The current sensors are not very reliable. I too had an ESC that showed it was pulling half the current of what the other ESCs were pulling. You can use the ESC temperature sensor as a proxy for the average current. Since that ESC temperature isn't much different than the all the other ESCs I don't think that it's really pulling less current. I don't think it's much to worry about. The overcurrent protection won't work right, but it will overheat before it overcurrents. (Can I use overcurrent as a verb?)

Dave King likes this.
  6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Overcurrenizationwise, yes. ;)

7. William Johnston

hehehe