No heading assist with Spektrum DX8

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Gerfried Guggi, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Gerfried Guggi

Gerfried Guggi New Member

Hey Freeflyers,

has anyone encountered the issue that the MoVI Pro seems to not use heading assist (wether compass nor GPS) when used with a Spektrum DX8 as a remote input?
    The roll axis seems to drift completely (on a car rig) when controlling the MoVI Pro with the Spektrum DX8, when I switch to Majestic Mode on the DX8, the roll axis stays levelled. It also stays levelled when using the Mimic as a remote input.

ATM I'm on beta firmware 1.5 (which is working really great so far), will try stable firmware 1.4 tomorrow.

Thanks for your input
    Gerfried

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Active Member

I'm not an expert on the DX8, but I think you can trim those sticks in the DX8 menus. Maybe your roll stick is giving some input when you switch to remote? You can look at the Monitor section of the app and see if your DX8 radio is giving input in the charts.

Also, just to confirm, are you in Handheld and not Airborne mode?

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I agree with Graham -- it might be the trim for roll that's off. You can also use the Servo Monitor screen of the DX8 to see if the transmitter is commanding a slow roll...

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert