/dist/images/branding/favicon

No connection with sofware and no switch to stop yaw.

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Forgeron Henri, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Forgeron Henri

Forgeron Henri New Member

Hello
    I'm new to the forum. I'm French and I use ggogle translation to write, because I do not enough mastery of English to write directly.
    I use the camera with a typical nacelle cinestar, which was mounted on the three axes Radian. This boat really worked well. After trying to swap sleeves on the radio control (mode 1 to mode 2), we had problems with the yaw axis. We have tried to connect to the software Radian, but certainly the errors on our part, we have lost the connection with the computer. There we have more we can connect to the software.
    When you connect the software, we can no longer open the port. (the indicator light remains on road and can not go green, whatever the chosen port) So not paramtrer again Radian.
    Our biggest problem would be to assign a switch to radian lace, because when feeding the car, that it starts to run without stop unless we take off. But it really is not practical!
    We do not know if it's a hardware problem or a problem of adjustment? We really need help please.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Forgeron can you attach some screen photos of what you are seeing on the computer when you try and connect? Also when you connect to the computer you need to have power going to the Radian's. Also you can only program one Radian at a time. If you are connected to the Tilt Radian then you can only program the Tilt Radian.

Google did an interesting translation but I think I get your question.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Forgeron, it would help me understand your problem if you could also include the original French in your posting. I used to live and work in France back in the 1970s. Then Gary, Brad and I can help you better.

Regards
    Andy

====
    Forgeron, il m'aiderait à comprendre votre problème si vous pouvez également inclure les Français d'origine dans votre commentaire. J'avais l'habitude de vivre et travailler en France dans les années 1970. Ensuite, Gary, Brad et je peux vous aider à mieux.

Cordialement
    Andy

4. Forgeron Henri

Hello Andy
    Thank you for your help. We managed to connect us to another computer. The light (driver installation for others surely? problems) turns green and we can see and change settings. However, we are not always able to assign a switch on the axis of lace. This is our only remaining problem apparently. We send you a picture of the connection of the Radian yaw and a screen capture so you can see, perhaps, or the problem
    Again thank you for your help.

IN French :
    Bonjour Andy
    Merci pour votre précieuse aide. Nous avons réussi à nous connecter sur un autre ordinateur. (problèmes d'installation de pilotes pour les autres sûrement ?) La lumière passe au vert et nous pouvons voir et modifier les réglages. Cependant nous n'arrivons toujours pas à attribuer un interrupteur sur l'axe de Lacet. C'est notre seul problème qui reste apparement. Nous vous postons une photo du branchement du Radian de lacet et une capture d'ecran pour que vous puissiez voir, peut-être, ou est le problème
    Encore merci pour votre aide.
    Bien amicalement.
    Henri

Attached Files:

5. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Henri, if the screen shot is the one when connected to the pan Radian in the photos the setup is wrong. Note that it says in the bottom left that it is set for "Module is ROLL". Click the Pan1 button and then the "Write" button. This will change the connected Radian to PAN. You do the same thing with the ROLL and TILT. They all come pre-set to ROLL. That might clear up the issue.

6. Forgeron Henri

Thank you Garry.
    Actually this important detail had escaped us. We test this day and we will keep you informed.
    Is it better to get on a helicopter mode or airplane mode the TX ? The helicopter was fashion settings gyro on channel 5 AVS type instead of standard. And is it important to be in a helicopter fashion rather than plane? This kind of detail escapes us too.
    Grans a thank you for your reaction! bravo!

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Salut Forgeron
    Utilisez le modèle d'avion - Je sais que cela semble un peu étrange pour un hélicoptère multi-rotor, mais pour autant que l'émetteur est concerné, il est juste un appareil simple à voilure fixe.

Content de voir que vous avez obtenu la question Radian résolu.

Cordialement
    Andy
    -===

Hi Forgeron
    Use the aircraft model -- I realize this sounds a bit strange for a multi-rotor helicopter, but as far as the transmitter is concerned it is just a simple fixed wing aircraft.

Glad to see that you got the Radian issue resolved.

Regards
    Andy

8. Forgeron Henri

Thank you Andy.
    Everything is ok now. Actually the problem was much the radian lace which was set to roll. Moreover, we had no luck with computers, who had apparently not digested drivers! A whole series of events ...
    Thanks to you we know (a little) better how the Radians work.
    Really thank you again for your skills and responsiveness! it is really impressive.
    Congratulations and thank you.

Merci Andy.
    Tout est ok maintenant. Effectivement le problème venait bien du radian de lacet qui etait configuré sur le roulis. De plus on a pas eu de chances avec les ordinateurs, qui n'avaient apparement pas digéré les drivers ! Toute une suite d'evenements...
    Grâce à vous nous savons (un peu) mieux comment faire fonctionner les Radians.
    Vraiment encore merci pour vos compétences et votre rapidité de réaction ! c'est vraiment impressionnant.
    Bravo et merci à vous.

9. David Pope

David Pope New Member

Hi. I need a little help sorting my pan axis.
    I am flying a CS8 with 3-axis gimbal. Radians on each axis. The gimbal is independently controlled with a DX8. 4 days ago everything was working fine. Then on the next startup, the pan is fast- drifting clockwise. The other axis are behaving normal. photo-1.JPG photo-2.JPG
    I've tried everything including resetting to defaults, changing the angle trim etc.
    It went bad while using the original firmware. I've bootloaded the new firmware and I thought that would take care of it, but it runs with the same behavior. I even tried swapping out the 5.5k resistor on the pan servo- no change.
    I'm at a dead- end and have an aerial job in two days!! HELP!! sorry for the orientation of the pics. I also shot a short vid, but it is too big to include here.
    Thank you in advance

Pope

10. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Devin can't see your config post. Image is way to small.

11. David Pope

David Pope New Member

Sorry Gary.
    says here an iphone pic is too big to upload! I'll find a way to ensmallen it. Thanks for the attention.
    take two:

David Pope

Attached Files:

12. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

David have you checked that your sticks and trim are calibrated and at zero on the DX8?

13. David Pope

David Pope New Member

All trims are zeroed and channel monitor shows channel two (aileron) dead-centered.
    Everything was functional the last time I shut it down.

14. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Maybe try that Radian at another location? It does sound like it could be a Radian gone bad.

15. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

David:
    Is the copter on the bench or suspended? If it's on the bench then the pan will rotate.

Andy.

16. David Pope

David Pope New Member

Brad . Great idea- a hassle, but it will tell the story. Thanks and I'll report my findings

Andy. Its dysfunctional suspended, and in flight.

A module failure seems unusual. The LEDs work and show standby and modes properly. The parameters "read" fine within the Stab software..?? Have you guys heard of modules just crapping out? I have not.
    Thanks for the responses.

pope

17. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I've only seen them fail when given too much input voltage.
    Brad's idea is the best to see if the fault remains with a new Radian reprogrammed with the Pan settings.

Andy

18. David Pope

David Pope New Member

Gentlemen,
    On trying the tilt module in the pan position: works like a champ. So it must be a bad pan module. Im at a loss as to why the other modules functioned normally since they're laced through the pan unit. The input voltage was 6.0v, so maybe that was problematic. I backed it down to 5v
    I guess I better order two!! If I ever lost an axis on a job, ...not good...
    Thanks so much for the time and effort all you guys put into this forum. I appreciate the help. I been sweating this for a couple of days and tonight- I sleep.

Thanks again

Best,
    David Pope

19. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Not great news but at least you know. The extra volt may have played a part as we have heard of others using 6v power and having unexplained issues. The specs on the Radians call for 5v power input.