/dist/images/branding/favicon

New version of Simple GPX Viewer

Discussion in 'Software Solutions' started by Steve Maller, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

If you’re a MK person, you probably know all about the MK_GPXTool that we use to diagnose flights afterwards. But there’s an alternative tool that’s actually maintained by Holger and Ingo, the guys behind the MK products themselves.

Unfortunately, I’ve never been able to get the software to work, as it crashed when I started it. I always assumed it was my system (running WinXP under Parallels on a Mac), so I didn’t complain. But when Holger and Ingo were helping me diagnose a potential problem recently, we discovered that the old MK_GPXTool had numerous errors in it and was giving me incorrect information.

So I helped Ingo identify what was going wrong with the Simple GPX Viewer, and he discovered that it was a problem with an assumption in the code around number formatting (commas vs. periods for decimals) that was causing an error. So he fixed it, and just posted a new version that you should try out. Go get it at http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/SimpleGpxViewer and see what you think.

The graphing options are really flexible and very informative!

Steve

Parallels Desktop-snap001.jpg

Gary McCready likes this.
  2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor