/dist/images/branding/favicon

New to this forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gregory Young, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Gregory Young

Gregory Young New Member

Hi all. Just not long joined this forum and thought i should introduce myself.

I am more a photographer than a flier of unmanned RC machines. I am building a Cinestar 8 and have so much to learn about this project that I hope I haven't taken on to much as a newbie.

I am sure to have a lot of questions, and I hope I won't pass on my frustrations to you guys in my pure ignorants of this project.

Looking forward to seeing this take flight.

Greg.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Greg welcome to the forum. Would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/.

One of the best investments you can make, other than reading through the forums, is to purchase the DVD sets on building a CS8 that are available from QuadroCopter and authored by Andy Johnson-Laird. Having the DVD's will make your build go a lot easier. Also when you get ready to ask a question please do a search. Very likely it may have been previously answered. And it is always appreciated when asking to be pretty thorough in the description of the issue supplying photos and screen shots. Makes it easier for forum members to help you.

Also consider buying a simulator like AeroSim and a small quad like the Blade Mqx to build some time rather than learning on your Cinestar.

3. Scott Stemm

Scott Stemm Member

Learning on the blade probably has saved my CS8. Call it a small insurance policy. You can buy a kit to bind with your transmitter to get practice with it.

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Scott depending on what Greg bought for a TX it may not be possible to bind with the Mqx, If it is a Graupner I don't think it works. Futaba/Spektrum should work.

5. Scott Stemm

Scott Stemm Member

I have a spektrum so that explains it :)

6. Gregory Young

Gregory Young New Member

Thanks for the welcome and advise Scott and Gary. I will post on the Cinestar 8 thread the Setup I have purchased for the build.

Cheers guys