/dist/images/branding/favicon

New to Android

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Gary Haynes, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Here's what I used to get the MōVI Android APK on to a new Android. Please note I use Mac's so it might be a bit different starting from a PC.

From the Android Play store download:
    Android File Transfer
    Installer - Install APK by Rhythm Software

Android File Transfer - http://www.android.com/filetransfer/ Only needed for a Mac according to the software site

On the Mac open the Android File Transfer App. Connect the Android. You should see a folder window open up. Drag the MōVI APK file into the downloads folder.

On the Android device run Installer and you should see the MōVI apk file for installation. Note that you will not see the file in the downloads folder on the Android device. I have no idea why...

That's it. Should be up and running with an icon for the Freefly Configuration available.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

And don't make the mistake I did: Using the "AppInstaller" from FunTrigger. It displays the internal flash memory (as /storage/sdcard0) but will not show you anything you put on the microSD card -- it doesn't seem to recognize it, so you cannot install the FF app that way.

Andy.

3. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

I connected to the internet, downloaded the app file from my email, then loaded the file. Installed itself. done

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

That's a nice clean way. I didn't set email on my Android device as I have an iPhone for that - so I didn't think of that approach. I guess the technique is you have to get the .apk "noticed" by the Android OS and then it does the right thing.

Andy

5. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

I used my gmail account and logged in via gmail website. No email setup needed. Even cleaner!

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

You're not as dumb as I look! :)

Andy.

7. Leopoldo Tamargo

Thank you one and all!