/dist/images/branding/favicon

New QC 10K Lipos - Higher than normal IR.

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Michael McVay, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

I have been flying a lot of the QC 8K 4S batteries and decided to give the 10K a try. The first two I received arrived and still have nice low IR - the last charge showed 1.2, 1.0, 1.2 and 1.4 (the other battery is very similar).

The 2 new ones I just received completed their initial slow charge (2 amps) and one battery show IR of 2.8, 4.7, 3.5 and 2.4 for the individual cells and the other one shows 3.7, 3.5, 4.7 and 5.1. For 2 brand new batteries doesn't this seem out of the ordinary? My QC 8000s have been flying since they first were announced and most all cells are still below 2.

Has anyone else recently bought the QC 10K batteries and seen anything like this or did I just get a couple bad ones?

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Michael that sounds a bit high. I would discharge them down to storage and then do a 1C or 2C charge until full and check them again.

3. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

Thanks Gary. I will take them back to storage charge and then charge them up again. Is it possible for a battery's IR to go back down, or do they only continue to rise? Always had good luck with the QC batteries so this was a bit of a surprise.

4. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Your first set is what I would consider normal. Hopefully they just need to be cycled. Then give a call to QC for their thoughts and recommendations.

5. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

I am not happy with the FreeFly warranty on these batteries. I bought some in September and they only have a handful of flights on them and one of the packs lost a cell and its not under warranty. This is why I am switching back to ThunderPower. There warranty and customer service for batteries can not be beat.

6. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Tristan Freefly doesn't make the QC 10000 batteries.

7. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

yea my bad. My comment is irrelevant here and i am talking with freefly now about the battery. Sorry about that