/dist/images/branding/favicon

New Paralinx Arrow X - Welcome to the neXt level of Wireless HD

Discussion in 'Video Assist & Video Accessories' started by Dan Kanes, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Dan Kanes

Dan Kanes Member

June 6, 2014 Los Angeles

On the eve of our second anniversary of our Cinegear Los Angeles 2012 debut product, the PARALINX ARROW - Paralinx is proud to announce the neXt generation of our Arrow family of ultralight uncompressed wireless hd monitoring solutions.

http://www.paralinx.net/store/paralinx-arrow-x

One of the most exciting things for us at Paralinx is being able to bring unprecedented power and capabilities to camera people just like us, and open new doors of possibility that help us get better shots, improve communication with creative teams, and impress and retain clients through seamless monitoring experiences.

It is with Great pride that we present to you Arrow X

Much like our well renowned Tomahawk Line, the Arrow X features:
    -Rugged machined Aluminum Transmitter enclosure
    -Durable ABS Plastic Receiver Enclosure that does not dampen or deflect RF reception
    -Wide Variety of Flexible Power Options
    -Dual HD-SDI ports on the receiver
    -Comprehensive selection of Mounting Accessories
    -Replaceable External Antennas on transmitter and receiver
    -Ability to transmit from a Single Transmitter to up to Four Receivers simultaneously
    -Full HD (up to 1080/60p) Signal transmission with Less than 1ms latency
    -Support for Progressive and PsF (progressive segmented frame) HD formats
    -Possibility of future software upgrade expansions

The unparalleled power of a system that with standard antennas can reach a range of approximately 600 feet (around 200 meters) also comes with an unparalleled low price

$3,995 for Arrow X Transmitter + Receiver Kit
    HDMI transmitter
    Dual HD-SDI Receiver

Upgrade and Crossgrade options TBA

[​IMG]

2. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

Just saw this, how much are the different antennas and what is the range increased to? It looks a lot like the tomahawk system but much shorter range and obviously a less expensive option.

3. Dan Kanes

Dan Kanes Member

Hey Tristan,

Thanks for noticing!

You are right, the Arrow-X is more descended from the Tomahawk Line, than from our Original Arrow Line - but we think it's very powerful and represents the Arrow Lineage very well - also Arrow-X sounds a lot more B.A. than Tomahawk Lite - right?

I any case - with the standard antennas - we usually get 600 feet (200 meters) to around 750 feet max (~250 meters).

Using an Array is not a guarantee of "MORE RANGE" per se, rather better link robustness - so that said, results truly vary in the wild, and we leave it open to your experimentation and feedback on what you can get beyond our stated normal max range.

Wr are currently offering Free US Shipping until october 31st on any order over $100!

If you need any further assistance or have any questions please feel free to ask, and we can be easily reached at info@paralinx.net

4. Derek Cooper

Derek Cooper Active Member

Anyone with "in the wild," experience with these? Finding the Arrow Plus way too limiting and considering this as option.

5. Ben Ruffell

Ben Ruffell Active Member

I have the Paralinx Tomahawk. It is more money, but it is amazing. The range is outstanding.

We have been doing car commercials, hundreds of meters range back to the agency from the tracking vehicle.

We achieved 1.2km just the other week with the Array Antenna! (the range was so extreme that I sent my grip off to measure it...)

This week, we were using the MoVI on a snow commercial, with my MoVI Grip snowboarding into a jump with the athletes while I was hundreds of meters away operating the head with a perfect picture the entire time.

No experience with their other products, but the Tomahawk has changed wireless video for me. It just works now.

6. Derek Cooper

Sweet. I like the Arrow, just way too limited for any UAV work.

For us, we are never more than 700' from the copter, both pilot and camera operator, so likely this will be the solution?

7. Derek Cooper

Are you also flying your Movi with a copter? We'd never have the copter 1.2km away from the pilot, so thinking the 700' range is likely the solution here, assuming it is truly 700'?

8. Ben Ruffell

We only use the MoVI on the ground.

9. Derek Cooper

You're using the Controller? Do you attach the Tomahawk receiver directly to the Controller, or did you go with the perch and some iteration? Looking at options for mounting. Curious what you found worked best. Ideally I think you'd want the receiver on the Controller directly so you can move it freely?

10. Ben Ruffell

Yes, the controller is the best way to operate the MoVI.

I had my grip put a 15mm threaded rod about 4" long off the back of it. I can drop the Receiver on there if I am wanting to be mobile, with a small attached monitor.

Or, if I am in one place, I like to operate from a 17" monitor, and just have the receiver mounted to the back of that or on a stand.