/dist/images/branding/favicon

New owner Assistance

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Ben Joslin, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

If the battery was not centered and/or it was loose, that could definitely cause an issue. Sounds like you may have gotten lucky. But one of the things to be concerned about after a crash like what you had is whether you might have damaged the motor. The prop shaft can be bent if there's enough energy to turn the motor around on the boom. So not only would I not trust that prop anymore, but I'd do some testing to make sure the motor is working.

One way to do that is to use a smartphone app that measures vibration. I have used a seismograph app with my phone velcro'd to a boom, the props removed, then run up that motor to 10/20/30% and see what kinds of readings you get on the app. Then test a few other motors, too. If your vibration numbers are consistent, you're probably fine.

2. justin portwood

justin portwood New Member

Ok cool I will get the app and give it a test thanks for the info and the help. 1 more question when I line up the tips of the propellers not all of them are exactly right ie- one side is good then I go to next one over and say the next 2 are perfect but as I go around some are a little lower or higher than the other one ( like 1&2 are good and 3&4 are good but between 2&3 when I spin the blade it's a little off ie higher or lower than say on the left side but right side is good) does that make sence, what do I do in that instance buy new props or is it ok
    Thanks guys

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

If the battery shifted while in flight the CG would shift. Big enough shift sure it would wobble.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

The impact might have had an effect on the Flight Control board (assuming MK). In which case, I would also do an ACC recalibration on the basis that there is no downside. However this is motivated more on the belief that it might help -- not the certitude that it will. :)

Andy